Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with guys refusing to waive their NTCs, they have every right. But I question why any competitive professional would want to stay in Toronto this season if given the option.

Yes, I agree, because it is not going to get any better if they can't change the team. I can't believe Mats won't waive the no trade clause. I understand his loyalty and would hate to see him go, but the team is in shambles. We need help and this would help us out now and in the future. JFJ absolutely ruined this team. There was a big love in back a few weeks ago for JFJ, but that asshole screwed this team for a long time. Mats Sundin is the type of player that deserves a no trade clause. Kubina, McCabe, Kaberle, and Tucker do not deserve them. Brutal!!!

BTW, Plomax, do you really believe what you are typing? Have you watched this team this year? Mats Sundin does not think he has a chance at the playoffs, he is just very comfortable where he is and does not want to leave.

But I question why any competitive professional would want to stay in Toronto this season if given the option.

You wont figure out his reasoning. All that seems apparent is that Sundin doesnt believe in becoming a rental player and has stated as much a thousand times. That should be good enough.

I question why any competitive professional would want to stay in Toronto this season if given the option.

Ive been contemplating this myself.

The point has been made by numerous people that its not his fault that the Leafs are where they are - so is he just being stubborn? Is this his way of getting back at management? Are he and Tucker and McCabe and Kubina just laughing at everyone right now?

Hard to say.

Im looking forward to the playoff push! (

But I question why any competitive professional would want to stay in Toronto this season if given the option.

You wont figure out his reasoning. All that seems apparent is that Sundin doesnt believe in becoming a rental player and has stated as much a thousand times. That should be good enough.

I agree with this. Though I do think someone who is in the later stages of his career might really like to try and win the Cup there are so many other reasons he may not want to move.

Unlike some of the other stiffs in Toronto that have no trade clauses, Sundin actually earned his through his play and the class he has shown over the years. It is not his responsibilty to accept a trade so the Leafs can improve themselves when for almost his entire time in Toronto management has made dumb decisions.

Relocating is a lot of work for a player. It takes them away from home and where they are comfortable. Even if Sundin had of agreed and moved there is no gurantee he would go to the Cup winner. In fact very few deadline deals actually help.

Fair enough, and he's earned his right not to be treated like a little biotch, but why wouldnt he just accept a trade (for the sake of the team), then re-sign in the off-season(Its happened a billion times before)? This part I dont get, which makes me think theres something more here than "character" and "integrity". I think he's enjoying screwing with the mngmnt.

I think Sundin is a good player and a good captain in certain aspects but I do sometimes question his will to win. It may just be his tempermeant an I am ok with that.

One thing most people have been saying over the years is that the Leafs have never supplied someone of Sundins ability for him to play with. I agree with that and not just someone of equal talent but someone of equal talent who has the drive to win. Someone who would have pushed Sundin harder and further.

I don't blame hime for staying and for not wanting to turn his life upside down. I think he is being true to his character. He is being loyal and at the sametime showing he is content. He has a lot to be proud of in his career but like many Leaf players over the last 40 years he still has no ring and that's what it should be about.