Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Why does Maurice need to declare a #1 goalie if he has two guys that are being paid starter salaries, and therefore should both play the maximum amount of games.

Montreal didn't declare a #1 until two months into the season when the pressure just got to Aebischer and he folded.

How bitter was it in Ottawa to have your $3M goalie sitting on the bench every game?

I think that the Leafs are doing the right thing.

I feel dirty.

I don't think the issue is that the Leafs haven't declared a #1 goalie for the season. It's the fact that Maurice has said he basically won't state who is starting any particular night until nearly game time. However the players are told and they tell the media. Then the media goes back to Maurice and he still claims to have not decided on that game. It just looks very unorganized and a circus waiting too happen.

I was pleasantly surprised with this game. Sucks to take the loss, but they played at a speed and intensity (for good chunks of time) that you don't often see at the beginning of the season.

Is there something wrong with Kaberle? He's looking a little off (missed open net shots, passes, and looking like McCabe on that first goal at the ACC).

DUMB penalties by the Leafs at the end of the game. That cost them (thanks McOverpaid) the game along with donuts on the powerplay again (They're something like 1 for 63 with the Sens over their last bunch of games together.)

Saturday should be fun.

Guest Low Roller

The Leafs didn't play that awful relatively to the Sens. But I think we all know that the Sens can do much much better.

Hey did you all know that Bryan McCabe will get more money this year than Jarome Iginla, Joe Sakic or Joe Thornton?

I knew that, but I like reminding people.

Ohhh the Leafs. It is only game one, but very undiscipline play. Too many stupid f*cking penalities. I would agree with Maurice, we need to continue to play as we have the last 2 games. The Sens are a great team, eastern conference champs, and we held our own with them. I don't like losses, but both these games were very close. On a positive note, it is great to see Steen and Stajan playing well. We will definately need those guys this year.

Why does Maurice need to declare a #1 goalie if he has two guys that are being paid starter salaries, and therefore should both play the maximum amount of games.

Montreal didn't declare a #1 until two months into the season when the pressure just got to Aebischer and he folded.

How bitter was it in Ottawa to have your $3M goalie sitting on the bench every game?

I think that the Leafs are doing the right thing.

I feel dirty.

Wow. How did I miss this earlier. Lucky for you Roller I am in a great mood because its Friday.

Wayy too much fuss is being made over who they should start. I think they did it the right way. Now there's no question that Toskala should be getting the starts (#1) and leave Raycroft to think about where he's going to be shipped to this year.

The Leafs "invested" 3 draft picks and $4 million right? Get use out of it.

I heard this morning that the Leafs are still paying $700,000 towards Belfour's salary this year!!! Now THAT'S gotta sting.