Jambands.ca

Burt Neilson Band 2006-11-10 available for download

bradm

Holy FACK!!! I'm just listening to the show and it sounds incredible!!! I wish I wasn't stuck in the next room all night... Whipping Post just tore my face off!!! The Bass Kick/Scream during the cresendo!!! Forget about it... and the Down with sound was a studio caliber performance... what a slick composition. Thanks Brad for posting this!, and you're certainly right. Bnbn'f is really amazing, dude.

Nice work bradm, just curious if there was a soundboard or any other audience sources recorded?

Not that I know of. I heard at the show that a soundboard recording was to be made, but didn't actually see anybody doing it (I may have missed it, though). Mine was the only mic stand I saw. There were at least three video recorders running, though: Jakis had his beside the soundboard, with my audio feeding it; there was one on the side of the stage; and a third was over against the left wall as you face the stage, even with the soundboard.

Aloha,

Brad

Just wondering if anyone notices the bass sounding like it's being driven through a distortion pedal and bad cable?

There's something weird going on there, I think I noticed during the show too.

I know there are places where one of the bassier keyboard sounds seems to be coming out like a wet juicy expelling of gastrointestinal gases; I don't remember hearing it that way during the show, but I think it was coming off the stage (or through the PA) that way. I just finished listening to the whole show, and the bass itself seems OK.

Aloha,

Brad

Nice work bradm, just curious if there was a soundboard or any other audience sources recorded?

We had planned to do a 24-track matrix recording (all soundboard channels individually, plus soundboard mix, plus mics) but were shut down by the band just before completing the setup. To the best of my knowledge there was no soundboard source recording made. It makes me really sad. This show was so good, it could easily have been re-mastered and mixed into a release-quality recording. I picked up a triple-LP Sadies show from their show the other night and there is no reason that this couldn't have been released in the same fashion (perhaps not on LP but you get the idea).

yeah it really is too bad especially after lugging all my gear and hiring someone to watch my dog for the night, to get shot down by the bass player just as i was finnishing my set up.

it would have been great to be able to hand the band a 24 chanel recoring that they could have used to make a professional quality recording, or kept for themselves.

an historic show like this definaly deserves it, and it was going to be my annevasary gift to the band

oh well