Jambands.ca

Is X Rudd worth 29 bucks?

Chewie

if you're never seen him, and like the raspy boy voice stylings of ben harper and jack johnson you'll like this dude.

his talent and music are worth paying...i'd say...up to $30 for. it's a fun show with good music.

however, i've seen the guy 4 or 5 times now and just as bradm says, the repetitive thing he's got going on is a bit of a buzz kill....but if you've never seen him, it's not repetitive to you!

I think you need to look past the gimmicky-ness of the one man band and look into what the guy is trying to say. Some may find his message a little lame but I think if more people thought like Xavier Rudd this world would be a much better place.

Hey everybody, check out the fuckin' hippie!

:P:P

(love ya 'fro'pa!)

His one man band thing is interesting for a second but it grows tired for me really quick.

Exactly; especially if you've ever seen Keller.

I don't follow. True' date=' they both do the "one man band" thing, but they do it [i']entirely differently and don't sound anything alike. I don't see many similarities, really (and I've seen both more than once).

To me, the difference is that Keller puts on a very entertaining and interesting show. Xavier puts on a mildly entertaining, adequate show.

I think with Rudd it really depends on the crowd. For instance, the first time I saw him at Bonnaroo a few years ago and many people had come from Australia just to see him, it was the best thing ever. Then a few months later I saw him in Toronto and it wasn't as good because the crowd was just standing there and just didn't enjoy it. The same goes for the recent Guelph show, it was by the best of the three shows that week (two in Toronto and the Guelph one) because the crowd (at least at the end, after everyone got up) was loving it and was totally into it.

Oh well, he's not for everyone but I think those that like him really like him.

Pay me $29 and buy me a beer and I may go.

No guarantees I don't throw my beer at him.

Dave' date=' I am quite curious as to why you aren't into him?[/quote']

I really just find him to be un-authentic at best and a complete farce at worst. I don't buy it at all. Its like good vibes from your good friends at coca-cola. The second part to my two-part hate-on is that I find a lot of his songs are the same song. So not only is it unoriginal, its unoriginal over and over again.

What can I say. I'm really not a hippy hating asshole.

You should start performing Afro poppa, because I know your hippiness is the real deal. You can't hate the real deal no matter what it is, you gotta appreciate it.