Jambands.ca

Mule Setlist......

NewRider

Frickin awesome show!!! Cortez for 2nd encore!!!

Mule always delivers when you really want them to.

Official setlist from http://www.mule.net/from_the_road/details.php?year=06&month=12#01

Set 1

Blind Man In The Dark

Unring The Bell

Thorazine Shuffle

Banks Of The Deep End

Gameface->

Mountain Jam->

Gameface

Fool's Moon

Monkey Hill->

I Want You(She's So Heavy)

Reggae Soulshine

Set 2

Child Of The Earth

Thelonius Beck

I Can't Quit You Babe

Streamline Woman->

Drums->

Mr. High & Mighty

Brighter Days

Like Flies

I'm A Ram*

Encore 1:

Born Under A Bad Sign*^

Encore 2:

Cortez The Killer*

*Gordy Johnson on guitar

^Corky Laing on drums

What a SHOW!!!

How anyone could complain that they didn't get their money's worth at that show.

Security was great at the Kool Haus last night (compared to other visits there). Nobobdy seemed to be hassling anyone in the show.

Corky and Gordy coming out at the end were a real treat. Buddy got me the 2ns set setlist too.

Later. . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Didn't make it after all last night. Disappointed I missed a Thelonius Beck, that must have been great. They encored with Cortez at the Danforth Music Hall a couple years ago and pulled out the George Bush line then. Interesting that Gordie Johnson was in town after all, must have been cool to see them do I'm A Ram together (though Mule did it last year at the Kool Haus, too).

I think MuleMomma has an extra ticket for tonight in Rochester and is driving if you're intersted Rev.

should be a good show. wish I could go. It is in a new venue now, and I think it is a smaller, more intimate venue than the one they were originally going to play at tonight.

Mule definitely delivered last night! Shakedown street tease was nice, and Gordie coming out really made the band rock even harder. Can't beat the Cortez encore too. Couldn't stop smiling or grooving all night either, crowd wasn't too tight so there was a generous amount of room to dance. Security wouldn't allow pictures though unfortunately, but what can ya do.

Cheers

Steph

I Want You!? nice!

I was talking to a dude last night at an Xmas party that we were at and he said he was at the Mule show and had a great time.

He started singing Soulshine, and I asked, "Oh they did Soulshine?" and he said "Yeah, I love that tune".

I clearly see that it wasn't on the setlist. I guess he must have been wasted...huh?

Here is the 'review' from Mule Tracks:

The Kool Haus - Toronto, Canada 12.01.2006

Gov�t Mule

The Kool Haus

Toronto, Canada

The first of December found the Mule on the north side of the border in Toronto at the Kool Haus, which reminds one of living in the not too distant future. Blind Man In The Dark led the way to show that is worthy of having its number retired, it was so good. Continuing onward and upward, Unring The Bell stretched on to jam itself through to the end where Thorazine Shuffle picked up; and that's just the first three songs. The last songs of the set weren't slouches either. Monkey Hill, rocked and rolled right into I Want You (She's So Heavy) and closed with a Reggae Soulshine that made Canada seem slightly tropical.

With set two, Child Of The Earth was the first song proffered and was followed by an uber-jazzy Thelonius Beck. Streamline Woman had just reached its apex when Matt took the helm into Drums. The biggest cheers and surprises of the night came at the end of the set when Gordy Johnson, producer of the High & Mighty album, joined the band onstage during I'm A Ram through Love Me Do and returning to I'm A Ram. The encores began with Gordy Johnson on guitar and Corky Laing on drums for Born Under A Bad Sign. Corky then returned the drumming responsibilities to Matt to close out the night, still with Gordy, for an unbelievable Cortez The Killer. It is fair to say that the Mule definitely rocked this Haus.