Jambands.ca

Little Miss Sunshine

djmelbatoast

This was a really funny movie about suicide, divorce, old age, death, adolecence and little girls beauty pagents. When I saw the trailer I kind of feared a lame remake of Happy, Texas, but this was from the begining it's own twistedly fun film.

Greg Kinear plays the smarmy suburban dad better than anyone.(although I always have flashes of Auto Focus whenever I see him in one of these roles) Alan Arkan is so incrdibly funny in this movie it makes me wonder why he doesn't do more comedies. Alao I wouldn't be surprised if he were nominated for an oscar for this role. Steve Carrell is also good as he dials it down a notch playing the suicide attemptee/gay/scholarly/uncle.

Really a great dark comedy. Well worth the rental.

She couldn't stop saying "Like" on Conan. We were watching that last night.

His interview with LL Cool J was fuggin' hilarious!

The Mule played, but I couldn't hear Warren's guitar at all! Not even when he busted into a solo. It looked like he cut it short.

what'd you think, KanKev?

I finally got around to watching the movie. I LOVED it (and so did my wife Darlene)! There is something magical about this film. It hits all the emotions and is seemingly simplistic. There's so much in that simplicity, the dialogue, the visuals. I'm compelled to watch it again very soon. I'd also like to watch this with the director's commentary. I just read that the DVD has 4 alternate endings too!

The big message ... no need to conform. BE YOU!

The van is also priceless. The horn had me in stitches!

Me too. While my horn never got stuck on my '78 Westy, it sounded exactly like that one. You could make it "talk" .

Now, time to listen to some Super Freak Rick James :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Littlemisssunshine.jpg

Edited by Guest