Jambands.ca

nero cd release party thisThursday in Ottawa!

Velvet

nero's new live release SoOn is in, and it sounds great. Recorded over a three-day run in Southern Ontario, the cd clocks in at 57:55 and has five tracks. Limited to 1000 copies, it will be available at shows, and soon will be available on order. But for you nice local folks...

I'm having a party tomorrow night, that's Thursday, August 7th, from 8-11pm, to celebrate the release of SoOn. We will be listening to the disc and chillin' and illin'. There will be snacks 'n such, but bring yer own intoxicants. Also, bring $10 and you got yerself a brand spankin' new nero cd. As a one-time offer, each cd purchase comes with a free Jager shot, but don't tell anybody because I think that's illegal. Come one, come all. Then get yer asses up to Babylon or something - I'm giving everybody the boot at 11pm. Hey, I'm old.

116 Cambridge Street North, very near Bronson & Somerset. Front door, don't knock, just come on up.

230-0687

Moi aussi. Well, I didn't actually have any Thursday plans (except for the "I don't have a plan" default backup, which involves staying home, channel surfing, and going to bed early), but I sure as gehenna do now.

Is this a theme party, by any chance? There haven't been any nero theme parties since last summer, IIRC.

Aloha,

Brad

I change my ruling: Barrett must wear clothes. At least from 8-11 tonight, afterwards it's outta my hands (that sentance gives me the heeby-jeebies).

So the jager bottles are on ice, the cd is in the stereo, and the snacks are a mere walk to the goshrey store away, so we're pretty much set. The dancing girls showed up early, but we'll handle that. Hope to see some of you tonight.

Thanks immensely for the party, Velvet. Hanging with good friends, a pinball machine, and musical instruments everywhere, with the new nero CD blaring in the background, was a fantastic way to spend an evening. I also heard the new Ween CD, and it's now on my to-be-bought list.

And the nero CD sounds awesome. Tungsten, you did an amazing job on the sound, and the music is some of the heaviest nero I've ever heard.

Aloha,

Brad

Velvet, my thanks go out to you as always.

You have the coolest pad on the block, and throw a mean party.

By the way, thanks for that contact. I emailed buddy last night and he got back to me. Now, I just have to convince Lynn to dip into the House Fund for that Star Wars pinball machine!

Good times last night, thanks to all who showed up. Funny, the first thing I heard when I got to Rock School this morning was, "Gee Teach, you looked tired," immediately followed by a chorus of 12-year-old voices chiming in with, "yeah, you look tired."

I ain't tired kids, I'm just trying to teach you about rock n' roll.

Pinbaaalllll ... I ain't stopping until I'm in pain or this thing runs out of credits.

(I should have brought my wrist brace, dammit.)

Velvet: Love the sig. It reminds me of a line one of my ex's invented--"Of course cows have four stomachs ... one for each leg."

Archived