Jambands.ca

Ottawa Eats???

Weirdness

Ottawa has a lot of great places to eat but I'm fairly out of the loop on what the inside scoop is on where to go. Any recommendations on good eats would be appreciated.

I can wholehartedly recommend the So Good on Somerset for some solid non-generic Chinese food, which has a plentiful selection of vegetarian dishes.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they've got great mussels at the Black Tomato and a good beer collection IIRC(although I don't think that I've been there for 2 years).

There's a bunch of good places in the Byward Market.

Zaks - all day breakfast

A couple of Vietnamese restaurants on Clarence (one called Saigon which is supposed to have good prices that I've never been to, and another small place a few doors down that I've been to and is very good)

for good vegy food there's the green door and the table

There's also this great little chinese/thai/vietnamese place called spring roll king on Rideau just a couple of blocks from Mavericks. Very cheap and good food. They've got a couple of tables to eat there (we've always taken out)

http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/109439

Thanks for the re-direct to that other thread, all the pertenent info seeems to be there. I kind of forgot about the Ceyonta as well as Carribian Flavours for some reason. I always find it better to get the recommendations from the locals rather than walk blindly into somplace that looks cool but isn't necessarily the goods.

wu se vegetables are always good, as is the szechuan spicey beef. general tao chicken is sometimes too fatty

haha those are the 3 things i always get. never had anything else on the menu, perhaps that's why i've never had a problem there.

as for the tips, well, oh well.