Jambands.ca

No Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo

AD

DAMMIT

Pearl Jam Picks Europe Over Bonnaroo

January 29, 2007

Pearl Jam will play 13 shows in Europe in June and will not, as has been claimed, appear at this summer's Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tenn. The band will play six headlining shows and appear at seven festivals, beginning June 8 in Lisbon. The trek runs through June 29 at Belgium's Werchter Festival.

According to a spokesperson, the band, which toured extensively in 2006 in support of their self-titled debut for J Records, has no other shows scheduled for 2007. "Historically, there have been five years or so between our visits to Europe, so it's a treat to go back again so soon," says band manager Kelly Curtis.

There is, however, new Pearl Jam music at radio, in the form of a cover of the Who's "Love Reign O'er Me." As previously reported, the song will appear in the upcoming Adam Sandler film "Reign Over Me" and will also serve as the A-side of the holiday single sent to members of Pearl Jam's Ten Club fan organization.

Ten Club members will get first crack at tickets via a pre-sale, via which some shows begin going on sale today (Jan. 26). General public onsales and opening acts have yet to be announced. According to the band's Web site, the entire floor area for a June 18 gig at London's Wembley Arena will be reserved for fan club members.

Here are Pearl Jam's European tour dates:

June 8: Lisbon (Passeio Maritimo Alges)

June 9: Madrid (Festimad)

June 12: Munich (Olympichalle)

June 13: Katowice, Poland (Chorzow Stadion Slaski)

June 15: Italy (city/venue TBA)

June 16: Vienna (Nova Rock Festival)

June 18: London (Wembley Arena)

June 21: Dusseldorf, Germany (LTU Arena)

June 23: Tuttlingen Germany (Southside Festival)

June 24: Scheebel, Germany (Hurricane Festival)

June 26: Copenhagen (Forum)

June 28: Nijmegen, Holland (Goeffert Park)

June 29: Werchter, Belgium (Werchter Festival)

Ahh well, I don't think PJ was suited for Bonnaroo anyway...but thats just me

How is any rock band or artist that isn't a quiet solo acoustic artist "not suited" to playing the main stage at an enormous festival?

Not that I give a rat's ass about Pearl Jam, but still... I can't see how they "aren't suited".

Okay fine, I'll rephrase - for me, they aren't suited for Bonnaroo...ie- I don't want them to headline bonnaroo

Of all the bands that are playing Bonnaroo you single out Pearl Jam? I'm not the biggest fan of Eddie and the boys, but they put on some of the biggest and best rock concerts period. They aren't a singles/video band either, which fits perfectly with almost every other act already booked. Too bad they won't be there.

I didnt single them out, I simply responded to the first post. I am sorry I dont want them to headline roo. I like Pearl Jam, and I would most definately see them at roo, but I won't drive 15 hours to see them so I would rather someone else headline, but if they were playing roo the only spot that would make sense would be for them to headline...nor would I drive that long to see Trey, or Ben Harper...who also both theoretically could headline (and have...Harper headlined didnt he?) Even though I like both those guys and definately want to see them live they just aren't draws for me. If that offends you I am sorry...but its the truth.

yeah, i hardly think Afro was "singling out" PJ; that's what the topic was about... Makes sense to respond to it.

I wouldn't drive 15 hours to see PJ, but there are plenty who would. And if I didn't already love Bonnaroo they might be the icing to push me over the edge, attendance wise. (I'll be there anyways :) )

I won't drive 15 hours to see them so I would rather someone else headline, but if they were playing roo the only spot that would make sense would be for them to headline...nor would I drive that long to see Trey, or Ben Harper...who also both theoretically could headline (and have...Harper headlined didnt he?)

I agree with you on all points of clarification. There are very very few artists I would drive a long distance to see and none are on the Bonnaroo bill.

I didnt single them out, I simply responded to the first post. I am sorry I dont want them to headline roo. I like Pearl Jam, and I would most definately see them at roo, but I won't drive 15 hours to see them so I would rather someone else headline, but if they were playing roo the only spot that would make sense would be for them to headline...nor would I drive that long to see Trey, or Ben Harper...who also both theoretically could headline (and have...Harper headlined didnt he?) Even though I like both those guys and definately want to see them live they just aren't draws for me. If that offends you I am sorry...but its the truth.

Ben Harper has never headlined a night at bonnaroo.

Tim

I probably wouldn't drive fifteen hours to see any one of these bands on their own either. But you throw them all together and whatta ya get? Incentive baby.... and a great bang for your buck.

that's exactly the point

captain_obvious.jpg

:):):):)

Hope to see y'all there!