Jambands.ca

Brent Mydland B3 for sale

Kanada Kev

Anyone want it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hammond-B3-Organ-OWNED-BY-Brent-Mydland-Grateful-Dead_W0QQitemZ150087060599QQihZ005QQcategoryZ64429QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

32356080_tp.jpg

Hammond B3 & Leslie

Owned by: Brent Mydland

of the Grateful Dead

This is an amazing find! Here's a part of real Rock-N-Roll History, this is a once in a life-time opportunity.

Brent Mydland had only 7 B3's. This one up for auction was owned by Brent from 1979 until his death in 1990. It was located in the Grateful Deads' rehearsal studio in San Rafael, California. After Brent's death on July 26, 1990, his surviving wife sold this organ to a local keyboard player on March 4th 1994. I have a written letter and original bill of sale from her that shows the serial number of the B3 and mentions the Leslie, and this letter is included in the sale (see scan).

Condition:

The B3 Keyboard cover is missing the bottom piece that encloses the keys(see pic). It has been re-worked (you can see the lines on the bottom part of the lid). There are some marks on the case (see pics). The keys are in good condition. The organ is in great working order.

The Leslie, (model 22H), has posters stuck on it, not original posters and not put on by Brent. The last owner put these on. The unit works fine.

The winner of this item will have to make arrangments to have the item picked up in Grass Valley Ca.. I am not able to ship it.

Feel free to email questions.

Good Luck Bidding!!!

32361944_o.jpg

The Leslie, (model 22H), has posters stuck on it, not original posters and not put on by Brent. The last owner put these on.

boo-urns to this though- what kind of an idiot...?!?

this isn't a huge issue to rectify.

Sound-wise, this leslie only has 2 settings, Off or Fast. (hence the model# 22 and not 122) - The "choral" or slow speed added a great deal of depth to the sound manipulation.

I almost won Jon Lord's leslie on ebay a year ago...It came with a road case stenciled with his name - the cab was white and had some serious modifications hinting at it being a touring rig. I was all ready to throw in a last minute bid (which would have won it) but ebay had automatically signed me out! I was so hyped up about it that i couldn't log in and bid in time. Very dissapointing!

how about giggles taking a router to his electric guitar back in the day? i wish i knew the make

hahaha, oh well i guess it was good "training" for what he's into nowadays

I think it was a Custom Hendrix Strat. I bugged him too much about that.

Edited by Guest

if I had coin no amount would be too much

soon as my eyes saw the pic I was overwhelmed with awe

rather have that keyboard than any type of car on the planet

(and regardless of how easy to repair, whoever put the poster on the Brent's leslie has a lot of karma to make up for)