Jambands.ca

Prince has game

bouche

I've uploaded the video of Prince's halftime show, but I'm waiting for it to become available on YouTube.

Prince also has a new track available for 1.99 at www.3121.com. It's called Guitar and it's definately his finest release since Musicology.

Last bit of news...Prince plays every friday and saturday in Vegas! Tickets available here. There seems to be some Dinner/show deal according to this site.

I believe there was a little cheekiness to Prince playing that tune...

PRINCE SLAMS THE FOO FIGHTERS

Music legend PRINCE has slammed rockers THE FOO FIGHTERS for covering his song DARLING NIKKI.

The WHEN DOVES CRY singer, 45, was horrified when he discovered DAVE GROHL's band had done their own version of the song, which appears on his 1984 classic album PURPLE RAIN.

Prince snipes, "I don't like anyone covering my work. Write your own tunes!"

And the reclusive superstar is also furious that his recent release MUSICOLOGY has been treated as a comeback record.

He fumes, "I never went anywhere."

19/04/2004 17:05

that's funny... what large balls on that little man if he took 2 minutes of a huuuuge show just to burn the Foos.

I wanted to hear Prince, dammit!! :)

(Also, could anyone hear his band? I watched on a crappy TV with poor sound, but all I could hear was him, his singers and his guitar)

It was better than most of the crap that has made up the half-time shows recently, IMHO.

Anyone else remember seeing that shit they called "Up With People"? That was BRUTAL!!! I loved it when the Simpson's made reference to them one episode with a half-time show and called them "Hooray For Everything"

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - with the amount of rain at the game yesterday, they should have simply had a wet t-shirt contest at half-time. Ooops, I forgot, America is afraid of nipples (and mammalian protuberances) on TV!!!!

(Also, could anyone hear his band? I watched on a crappy TV with poor sound, but all I could hear was him, his singers and his guitar)

I have a good HD set-up at home. The mix was pretty good given the bad weather. Symbol's guitar and vocals were up high, but man, that little creep can rip the fuck out of the guitar. He combines nasty flash with technical flair.

anyone found any footage of the opening sequence to the superbowl? i've been trying to explain to my roommate what a trip it was, and how enraged 'Joe Arkansas' musta been with what they were doing to america's meanest sport...

Are you referring to the Cirque de Soleil performance on the field?