Jambands.ca

Me Got Solo Gig, Swan on the Rideau, Mar. 10

Dr_Evil_Mouse

The Swan's a nice old Tudor-style pub 10 minutes south of Manotick on River Rd. (2730, at RR6/Snake Island Rd.), with great food and beer; they have solo musicians in Saturdays, and I'll be holding forth from 6:30 till close (! - I hope I know that many songs). Come on down; drunken hecklers and sing-a-longers especially welcome :) (makes me nostalgic for my open-mic).

:) . Thanks, everybody. I had a lot of fun. Jonyak lent me his Line6 looper, bless his heart, as mine has a wonky switch, and I was able to get into all sorts of interesting spaces in the second, non-dinner (read, non-Blue Hair Group) set. I've been on the tail end of a brutal cold, too, so my throat is completely fucked right now, but I suppose that's why the good Lord invented whiskey, to help one through such moments. Now the bill's in, and I'll be paying for all that caterwauling for a few days, I figure :P .

They want me back, so hopefully some folks will be able to make it out with something besides booze under their wings to enjoy the offerings. I think they'll even trust me enough now to bring some Hackish cohorts up to join in the fun too :) .

:) - and bless Wikipedia for all its trivia... viz.,

The word "mouse" and the word muscle are related. Muscle stems from musculus meaning small mouse - possibly because of a similarity in shape.[2][3] The word "mouse" is a cognate of Sanskrit mush meaning 'to steal,' which is also cognate with mys in Old Greek and mus in Latin.[4]