Jambands.ca

Lucinda Williams tomorrow

NewRider

Thanks for the video NR. Such an appropriate tune to finish off the strangest date I've probally ever been on. (and its been awhile)

Sure do wish I could make that show - oh so bad I wish.

I hope my first ex-wife is as cool as Lucinda.

Have a great time buddy.

Yeah, this will be a great show for sure! I love her new album. Thanks to MarcO and Wassink Wild Card! for turning me on to her. I had a bit of a hard time trying to decide which show to hit up tonight. However, UM is cheaper, and I kind of feel like dancin my willies out...

holy shit are you serious?! i can't believe this way-hyped unphrey's show i keep hearing about is the same night as lucinda! have you all gone mad?! i was considering using the rest of my vacation days, screw my garden, to make it to TO for this show. wow.

i guess this is jambands.ca, maybe i'm on a diverging path...

oh well, glad to know i'm not entirely alone in this. :) cheers, fellow lucinda lovers.

(sorry for the rant, no offense meant to the umphrey's fans, i am just really shocked.)

WOW WOW WOW!!! What an incredible voice. Her band smoked, the sound was great and the audiance was a perfect Toronto audiance. DEAD DEAD DEAD. I wish bands would start to play Hamilton more then Toronto but it's pretty unlikely. What is it with assholes in that city that can't be bothered to clap their fucking hands after a song?!?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways. It was a great show, probably the best I've seen this year. I'll post the setlist when I get home as I scored it from a roadie my friend Kat was blowing.

Thanks to Allison for driving me there and home, Aweejig for the smokes and laughs, Kat for the beverages, LargeMarge and Cully for the after hours hospitality. It was really nice seeing a lot of you again. NRPS UP NEXT!

Well aparently I lost the setlist I was given for Kat's services but I found this one on the net.

Rescue

Ventura

West

Fruits of My Labour

Everything Has Changed

Right In Time

Those 3 Days (2 False Starts then Lu got rid of her Guitbox and sang her heart out, pulling off rock star moves and all)

Righteously

Come On

Changed the Locks

Unsuffer Me

**Then Lu brought out Colin Linden and they played the blues, Lu was very happy and excited to have the local blues hero join her onstage.

Disgusted (bonus track on Lucinda Williams also on ACL DVD)

C'mon Baby (Howlin Wolf Tribute Album Telarc CD-83427)

Joy (Carrie Rodriguez also on stage)

Encore

Out of Touch

What If

Real Live Bleedin Fingers.

An excellent show! Doug Pettibone really shone mid set. Lucinda was very talkative and open, seemed to be truly enjoying herself. She seems to really like the venue and the fans in TO. She was very appreciative of the crowd in 05 as well.

Have to say I like the new drummer "Butch" he had the band rockin hard.

Please note the set list above is my memory only as I didn't take any notes. Please feel free to correct any errors or omissions.

• 2 weeks later...