Jambands.ca

WKRP in Cincinnati DVD out today: BEWARE

Jaimoe

Sorry about the booger line. It is the same... I think. However, the episode where Johnny left and then got fired from another station was changed. Remember he came back and told everyone that he got fired, but not for saying booger. He got fired for saying something else, but what he said was edited out. What got him fired?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember seeing two different versions of that scene: it was in the first episode, but they re-filmed it (with a different emphasis on the lines; I recall one of them having Johnny be a lot more animated/intense in his delivery than the other) for a flashback. Was the "Booger" part in both of them?

Aloha,

Brad

Sorry about the booger line. It is the same... I think. However, the episode where Johnny left and then got fired from another station was changed. Remember he came back and told everyone that he got fired, but not for saying booger. He got fired for saying something else, but what he said was edited out. What got him fired?

One of the 7, I assume ... it was deliberately edited out of the original broadcast.

However' date=' when these 1-inch or 3/4 inch tape format versions became obsolete, if a TV station wanted WKRP in a better format, i.e. Beta SP, they'd have to buy the series again, [/quote']

beta sp lol...we're finally moving to sony xd cam (optical disc) and archiving on dvcam.

I know. Technology in TV moved really slowly until about 5 years ago. Now it's gotten crazy. We do still use BetaSP on a daily basis. I'll be recording Hillary Duff's performance today on BetaSp for repeat purposes.

hey david...any jobs your way, we;re not hearing good things about this a channel shit...also, you going to see abb in rama? darien?

No ABB for a while I'm sad to say. I have a busy summer with three weddings before the end of June. There have been job listings posted here from time to time, but we got bought by CTV/Bell, so if layoffs happened here, you'd be one of the first to go due to seniority. When the dust settles, ask me again.