Jambands.ca

3 Jimmys - Ottawa Citizen...

rwe333

I, too, will be there, recording gear in backpack.

Has anybody been to Irene's since the new owners took it over? Is that framed floor-to-ceiling entranceway/doorless-doorway thing in front of the stage still there?

Aloha,

Brad

Has anybody been to Irene's since the new owners took it over? Is that framed floor-to-ceiling entranceway/doorless-doorway thing in front of the stage still there?

sure is.

you should come scope it out tomorrow night when the county boys are playing. you'll be glad you did :)

do The County Boys allow taping?

bradm..can you please be all over this?

thank you :)

sure is.

Thanks' date=' mooose; that helps me figure out which rig to bring on Saturday.

you should come scope it out tomorrow night when the county boys are playing. you'll be glad you did :)

do The County Boys allow taping?

bradm..can you please be all over this?

thank you :)

I don't know whether they're OK with being recorded, but I can't make it tonight. Sorry.

Aloha,

Brad

For those of you in the area, there is a party at 33 First Ave in the Glebe, for before or after Irenes. The last 33 first party.

Playing:

Sarah Hallman

Shannon Rose & the Thorns

My Dad vs. Yours

The Bronze

Lisa Poushinsky

Ashley Newall

El Bee Jay

LURE!!!!!

show starts @ 6pm

bbq is available for your grilling needs, so bring burgers, dogs, lamb chops, whatever and have a picnic in our back yard, or even down by the waters edge

$2 minimum donation requested

Brendan is playing, maybe if Wayne came by after his show, we could have a teacher v. student rock off! Bets are on!!

Thanks, Jimmys, that show was better than the house show back in April. The band seemed to have more power to it (Jeremy, in particular, put on more of a vocal "show" than he did before), and it was great to hear you guys (you, especially, rwe333) stretch out a bit/lot more. Hearing Rob play (tenor) sax was a blast, and the way he and Jeremy played along with each other during the Miles stuff was a treat.

And Mike Essoudry blew my freakin' mind on drums. There were times ("Digging A Hole", I think) where he seemed to be dropping in whatever pattern(s) he wanted, whenever he wanted, with a kind of innate trust that everything would/could work out eventually. And, as Velvet said, he sits there, re-writing your conceptions of what a drummer can do, with an expression on his face that makes you think he's waiting for a bus.

It was also cool to hear "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)" entered into from the singing bowls (and throat singing, IIRC), and then hear it again for the encore, as the two takes sounded different to my ears (the encore one being a little more relaxed, I think).

I'm eagerly awaiting the band's next gig.

Aloha,

Brad