Jambands.ca

Prehistoric spine?? (w/ PICS)

backbacon

Read the messages below - pretty crazy!

Subject: ice ice baby!

Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:08:03 -0230

"my friend janet sent out some photos taken near her home in norte dame bay, newfoundland.

creepy looking but all for real.

it is a spine (the part sticking out is estimated at 8ft) sticking out of an iceberg.

now remember icebergs are chunks of the northern icecaps and are millions of yrs old.... i wonder what this was...

they have contacted the natural history museum, i'll let you know if i find out more...

>cara"

Date: May 29, 2007 12:54 PM

Subject: ice ice baby!

"just thought I'd pass along these pictures- I thought they were pretty amazing. my next door neighbor shot them

yesterday while out in boat behind Pinchard's Island (off Newtown). He

estimates the piece of spine that is hanging out of the iceberg is about 8 feet long. a prehistoric creature?

we've sent it off to experts in natural history to see if they have any ideas about it, but haven't heard anything back yet. cool, huh?"

525065173_20bc95b905.jpg

525065177_74b9478baa.jpg

I wonder what it is backbacon? I wonder if it is a walrus. you can see the discolouration Steming deeply into the ice burg. I wonder if there is an Odor coming from there. I wonder how much of it has broken off into the ocean too. There could have been a skull attached. It is quite interesting.