Jambands.ca

Lᴑﻜҽ ƴҽɾ کɧᴑҽﻜ ƻᴑᴑך

\/\/illy

carrie, might i suggest not being ready to go so early...that would really work out in my favour!

i'll be showin up on saturday...yey!! i'll be leaving hamilton early in the morning, hoping to be there for 11. if anyone needs a ride, send a pm, i'll be pimping my new ride.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a great time.

the solar was a good idea and work well when the sun was up, but it couldn't recharge the night time back up fast enough in the daylight.

work great Friday night.

barely made in threw Saturday night.

thank good they went and got back up gas gennie's for Sunday night.

Edited by Guest

man.. had a great time.

the power thing was a bit of an issue sat night.. but, to be honest, i thought it was amazing when the crowd continued singing sugaree when the power went out during caution jam..

kinda sucks that there was a fire ban, but we still had some awsome candlelight jams sat and sunday night.

overall, the whole fest was a success.. all the bands played fantastically well, the vibe was great, and the weather was perfect.

I was only there for the Saturday afternoon/evening due to work obligations.

I had a good time for sure, although I think it could have been better...

Having said that I really enjoyed the opportunity of getting to hear Mike and Todd play together. A rare treat, and they made the best of it.

Friends of Hefner (Stephen Elmo Murphay Band) or whatever you're called these days were great. Can never really go wrong with those guys. They then morphed into the Mark Wilson band which was also a highlight. I'll say it again, the man can sing!! Saturday night was also a hoot. A real treat to have Mike, and Jeff from Burt and Todd sit in with the Caution Jam boys. It sounded great despite the sound issues. I thought Eric really stepped it up on the guitar which was good to hear. Ed on the drums was a nice treat too.

All in all the music was great, despite it turning into a bit of a circus at certain times. But whatta ya gonna do eh?

Another highlight for me, was jamming and singing around the "lantern" with the Browntown crew, Todd and Mike, etc. Always the perfect way to close down an evening in my mind.

I also enjoyed camping over in baby land with Willy, Leanne, and all of their friends. It was good to get a taste of that world, and I enjoyed seeing all the happy children. This festival is definitely kid-friendly, that's for sure for anyone who may be curious about that...

Hope that everyone enjoyed the rest of their weekend!

exceptional gathering of fine sounds and wicked folk... calve muscles feel like rock from dancin... enjoyed the late night jams much as the acts on stage (Caution Jam plus Mike, Todd and the others Sat night was my stage highlight, blackouts with the crowd taking over the songs until power restoration were fun!)... too bad to miss D Dog and the all star jam Sun night but Daft Punk were a spectacle... kudos to organizers and all involed

698762868_l.jpg

You know, I think Shane must have the most durable Mohawk I've ever seen! From the all-night JSB rager on Friday, to grazing against the roof of Alexis' sweet new ride up to Oro#9, to face down on Livingstoned's deluxe air mattress on Monday morning, it didn't budge an inch! I'm surprised it didn't pierce through and deflate the thing!!!

What are you using Buddy, dry-wall compound?

Definitely a stellar time.. fun dancing with all the tots around (and yes, I said TOTS!). Very cool that everybody was respectful of the kids, my daughter didn't want to go home (and me niether).

Every visit was great, but that one all-night jam with all the singers and the bassist going was amazing! The rising sun finally tore me out of that trance.

.. still sore from dancing.

Cheers to you all... hopefully see you at CTMF.

You know, I think Shane must have the most durable Mohawk I've ever seen! From the all-night JSB rager on Friday, to grazing against the roof of Alexis' sweet new ride up to Oro#9, to face down on Livingstoned's deluxe air mattress on Monday morning, it didn't budge an inch! I'm surprised it didn't pierce through and deflate the thing!!!

What are you using Buddy, dry-wall compound?

i use nothing at all on, it just stands straight up!!! neven after a shower when its flat it drys out stands straight up again.

it kinda a phenomenon, also if touch it its smooth as silk.

You know' date=' I think Shane must have the most durable Mohawk I've ever seen! From the all-night JSB rager on Friday, to grazing against the roof of Alexis' sweet new ride up to Oro#9, to face down on Livingstoned's deluxe air mattress on Monday morning, it didn't budge an inch! I'm surprised it didn't pierce through and deflate the thing!!!

What are you using Buddy, dry-wall compound?[/quote']

i use nothing at all on, it just stands straight up!!! neven after a shower when its flat it drys out stands straight up again.

it kinda a phenomenon, also if touch it its smooth as silk.

all the babies were ignoring the performances on stage and staring at Shane's hair in awe

I thought that this years festival was kind of weak, considering you could hear the highway from almost anywhere in the campground and it just didn't have a great festival vibe.

The music was good. Fun times, but hopefully they can find a better location for next years event.

but hopefully they can find a better location for next years event.

Gotta take what you can get sometimes.

Wait till I buy some land up here than maybe we can work something out. I just gotta work myself into the ground first.