Jambands.ca

Phish songs not on an album....

Schwa.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ghost is a killer cd just for the funk alone. i also like round room, undermind has a few good songs on it, the bonus dvd was funny too. shots in the barn recording, fishs kit was in its own little booth, with old rusty van double doors to get into the drum booth.

now, for the song.

Whats the Use?

and wasnt gumbo on hoist or something?

Thanks for the input everyone.

I've had a pretty good Phish jones going these past few weeks and will be putting together a bunch of cdr's composed of these very song's live versions (of course) i have every one of these suggestions on show recordings so it should go nicely.

PM me if you'd like some copies.

PHISH RULES!

Just saw this when i was looking at HPB and reminded me that i have this tape.

Trey's joke:

one day a kid got a new bass and went to get lessons. when he arrived home his dad asked how the lessons went and the boy told his dad that he learned how to play the E string (E strum)

the next week the same happens and this time the boy replies that he learned how to play the A string (A strum)

The next week the dad asks the same thing "how did the lessons go son?" and the boy replies, "can't talk dad, i've got a gig"

:)

Mike's joke:

Q:How many guitar players does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: 1 to change the bulb and 10 to say "oh, i can do that"

Another Trey Joke:

Q: What do you call a guy that hangs out with a bunch of musicians?

A: The drummer.

07-10-98 Zeleste, Barcelona, Spain

1: Down with Disease, Dogs Stole Things#, The Divided Sky#*, Mike's Song#** (0:27)

2: Halley's Comet > Jam > Roggae, Sparkle#***, Mike's Song > Simple > Jam > Weekapaug Groove, Sample in a Jar, Good Times Bad Times

E: Brian and Robert, Taste

#Loud PA problems in each of these songs. *Trey forgets some of the guitar parts; aborted after a particularly bad PA glitch. **Aborted due to PA problems. Set 1 ends early so the crew can work on the PA. Trey promises a long second set, right up to the curfew. ***Aborted due to PA problems. Trey asks the road crew to turn the monitors around to face the audience and just use them as a PA. While they work, Trey, Mike, and Fish each tell a joke. Trey asks Fish to tell the Prison Joke (see 04-11-91 and 03-24-93), but the sound system is finally ready to go. Trey says, "Let's try this one again," and they begin "Mike's Song." During "Mike's Song", the road crew fixes the monitors [parts of the PA were still working].