Jambands.ca

CTMF ROCKED

Jared

i juast wanted to take a second and thank mark and izzy and everyone else for putting on one the best festivals i've been to this summer

The new place rocks and had a super fun and safe family vibe going around all weeekend, I'm looking forward to having some more parties up at Izzy's. and if mark is throwing it i'll be there.

yaaaaaaaa super fun

shower time

ps. were there showers there? i found the bathrooms and they were super dupper clean all weekend, wow!!

also if any one forund a glass pipe neckalce i lost mine around the fire area on saturday nite,, its was a small glass pipe with a hemp necklace,, reward if returned,,( i'll give you one the exact same i just liked the beads on that one,,,

and Yo lost a glass chillum and a nug jar on the dance floor on saturday nite as well

peace

the one night i was there i had a blast. thanks to all that chilled with myself...and all of my friends of course(but you'd be my friend anyway so hooray!)

i like the nice campground feel...unlike frontiertown and evolve, this site is well maintained and looks great. the lake's a nice touch too.

that was pretty much the only beef i ever had with the outdoor campouts...the venues tend to be at least a little shoddy. the frontiertown cabins were cool and kudos for rick to actually do that, but even then there's a little to be desired when it comes down to nitpicking about things.

Hope everyone had as much fun as they could've.

Great to finally meet ya Dr.H!! Sunday was a blast although i'm a little sad i only got one days worth. Every time i make it to one of these i meet so many more outstanding folks [big Grin]

Details that i can provide are very few but i can say that my first Wassabi show was amazing, those people can jam! All of the bands were awesome on sunday, hats off to Deisel Dog as well, there was a great cloud of dust from all the boogie'n going on there.

To all the amazing people i ran into all i can say is that i can't wait till the next one, GIVE'R!!!!!

this weekend was sooo amazing, i don't even know where to start. it doesn't even feel real yet, that's how fricken "a" & give'rrrrrr all around.

schwa ("i blame YOU!"), you make me fricken howl. thorgnor, you have more than earned the givin'er gov'ner status (how's the giverstick, did it survive?), megrocker... heeheeeheee, nuff said, LMP & QQC, you two rock my world on a daily basis, and heck, to all of the give'rrrr gang, you beyond rule, and i can't wait to see y'all for the $1.75 asbestos reunion mission on thurs.

it was really great to meet so many cavern crawlers too! special kudos to dr. hux birthing of the "mouth give'rr".

on a musical 'note' (heh heh), holy crap, can i just say anyone who made it out this weekend is blessed?! the sunday night lineup was absolutely unreal, i was givin'er & dancing my arse off nonstop. what time did wassabi play until, almost 6am? holy crap, nobody, i mean nobody, knows how to give'r like wassabi.

double freakin' wow.

i'll quit rambling for now, but oh, for anyone who is interested how the rest of LMP & i's monday went, the year has been officially deemed a success, as my goal of 2003 was reached last night...

*** I... TOUCHED... BILLY... IDOL!!***

~TWICE!!!~

perma-grin!!!

well, all I can say is... woaaah [smile]

I had so much fun, you guys are alll sooo fricken awesome!

Even though I really missed frountier town, Izzy's was pretty sweet. The bands where insane!!! Practically every band I heard kicked my ass. [Eek!][Eek!][big Grin]

There were soo many wonderful people there that made my weekend...

BIG WARM FUZZY [smile]

See you guys around... [Cool]

Peace..Sarah

Kick ass time... a few too many cops and little kids for my taste (thankfully both were gone by the time I REALLY started givin'er. Diesel Dog rocked, unfortunately I was way too wasted to make it through thier set. Saw at least half of it, great stuff. Passed out for awhile, got up in time to see most of Slammin' Jack's set. These guys are the real deal. Funky and rockin', with Jeff Heisholt on keys for a few tunes as well. Can't wait to see them again. Finally, Wassabi... wow. Unbelievable! The energy was through the roof, and their new guitarist adds a great dimension to their sound. A ton of guests, including Jeff Heisholt, Jeff Kornblum and the keyboardist from Slammin' Jack. Jeff K even did a phat solo on Melissa's drums. Throw in the rotation jam (Steve up front, Melissa on guitars), the new reggae tune (such a sweet jam during this, absolutely ridiculous) and the fact that they played 'til 6am, and you've got one of the best sets I've seen in a hell of a long time. Great party atmosphere in the crowd as well. Paisley and I were givin'er up front, I have a battle scar on my hand from Melissa's mic to prove it. It was great to talk to everyone afterwards as well. A lot of the Wassabi kids hung out (absolutely no attitude at all), as did the Slammin' Jack kids. Another night of missed sleep, but well worth it. Take this party back to Ghost Town, other than that, great job again Mark Wilson. Cheers.

Thanks so much everyone for such a proper weekend. Very well organized, the camp grounds were really nice and well kept. Took me a bit to get use to all the kids and families floating around, but the music was great - kept me well occupied. I couldn't stop dancing all weekend. Wonderful to finally meet some board members...Tigger, Tara, Bald Guy In A Blanket!

QQC - We're going to miss you - wish you didn't have to Glow away! Atleast we could party like maniacs before you left.

Thorgnor - You really are the Givin'er Gov'ner. How long did it take to get that tent DOWN?

Dr. Hux - really great meeting you! Are you still sporting that tool belt?

Willy - thanks for drinking tequila with me! Are you planning on posting some of those pictures you took? So many classic moments.

Meg - honey, you had me in stitches all weekend. Your laugh is so contagious. Did you notice Schwa's new signature?

Speaking of Schwa, So glad you made it down Sunday. I'm still laughing at "Look what I can do"

And for anyone who missed out on Raj's ambient music over by the Giv'er Gang's village, wow... what a show.

Thanks again, really great weekend. What an excellent way to end of such a FANTASTIC summer!

Totally forgot about the Look What I Can Do thing. I imagine i'll get all sorts of foggy memories coming back to me that i will need confirmation on.

Oh ya, i hope that guy finds his truck [Razz] Last i heard it was carried off by a group of small yet powerful gnomes to the land of FUCKIN GIVEN'R

I'm dying to know about that truck. When I left, it seemed to be the general concensus that it had been pushed into the lake. Now I understand that the dude irratated a few people on Sunday but I cannot believe that someone would feel it appropriate to push his truck into the lake.

Anyone know the scoop?

PS: Had an awesome weekend with the whole lot of you. Thanks for all the great memories. I'll try to post some pictures but if I don't get to work right now I'll be looking to live in someone's backyard pretty soon.

Arrived Saturday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the venue was. A clean lake to swim in, lots of big trees, clean bathrooms, food, etc.

Musically, this CTMF was fantastic. Got to hear a huge range of music from old-school rock to instrumental trance to bluegrass to hip-hop. It is pretty well impossible for me to pick out just a few musical highlights as I was impressed with every band that I heard on Saturday and Sunday.

And it was great to reconnect with old friends and connect with some new people.

I'm not sure if future festivals will be held at Izzy's or not, but if they are, I'd definitely go again.

Peace, Mark

I had an amazing time!!!!!

Recipe was definetly a hightlight along with wassabi. Slammin Jack was rockin once again.

Sorry to miss seth musicface but i passed out on the grass for a while. Paisley is right about the sunday night lineup its was just insane. Every band kicked ass this weekend, and was suprised in how much of a good time i had.

It did feel a little weird when some of the bands were playin there were like 10 kids right in fornt of the stage..... this i normally think is great but this is not really a family party if ya ask me. Wonderful time was had, cant what until this fri............... WASSABI

Alrighty!!!!!!!!

A little more coherent today.....I showed up at Izzy's early Friday by myself after my plans changed last-minute, and I had no problem finding a slew of sloppy freaks to hang with all weekend long... [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Beautiful location, with a lot of waterfront(age) and nice big trees surrounding the stage, good washroom facilities, THE CORN GUY!!....definetely more of a family feel than Ghost Town, but it was all cool for the most part, the Grizwalds showing up in their '79 Winnebago was a surprise, but generally I think the freaks got along fine with the civilians in attendance...

A great weekend ripping it at party HQ = Jazzy with Willy and LeeLee, it was great to hang with some new friends Scotty (love ya Dad) and Deb, SevenSeasJim (bearer of secrets), Mr.Pinchy, Schwa, Megrocker, Little Miss Pink, Palace Princess, Thorgnor, Aromatherapy, and others...!!!

It was great to see Canned Beats, Jay Sanislo, Paisley (thanks for the kindness) Mark Tonin, who obliged my request written on my jeep window (thanks bro), Diesel Doug, OF COURSE the Uncle Seth gang - thanks for letting me on stage for what was generally considered the musical highlight of the weekend, hehe [Roll Eyes] , Tara for holding my smokes while she was unconscious....

Musical highlights....Diesel Dog, love those guys, Guesthouse was great, Recipe, of course HIWAY FREEKER!!!...damn....all good...

....as Peter Frampton said....Let's DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

That was one wicked weekend. I hooked up with a great crowd there. The music was a blast and the venue was awesome (if it only had the saloon it would have been perfect). Thanks to all the people who made the weekend for me (Willy, Leanne, Dr Hux, Tonin, Mr Pinchy, Tigger, Megrocker and many others). The drum jam in Jazzy was definitley fun.

P.S. Dr. Hux has some very dirty secrets.

Archived