Jambands.ca

NFL- Fan Forum

badams

So the Brady trade didn't go through! I still lost this week! I keep running up against teams having monster weeks. I lost 109-118. I am killing everyone else in point totals but I have a losing record! Oh well, thems the breaks! If Stephen Jackson ever gets healthy and shows up, I might make a go of it in the second half of the season.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear that jaybone but your fortunes in head-head are exactly what I am feeling in one of my keeper leagues, although its injruies and Drew Brees that is killing me. I am 1-7 thus far.

Brady's so good right now he'll still probably score points during the bye week.

I am screwed in my Suicide Pool this week. I may take Indy over Carolina or I could do Tennessee over the Raiders but I dont really like the feel of either pick. I've taken New England and the Giants already. I'ld like to take San Diego but there is way too much physcological pressure on them right now as far as I can tell, plus I hate Norv Turner.

Anyone feel a cant-miss pick out there?

I took the Giants last week but I would TOTALLY stay away from that game if I still had to. There's too much unknown since it is in London.

Right now I have Tennessee but I am not overly-confident since Lamont Jordan said his back hasnt felt this strong all season and I am veeeery uneasy taking Indy this week since they had a short one and Carolina is coming off their bye. Not too mention its in Panther country. DaveO is in complete agreement with you Ollie but I think I want to 'gamble' and be aggressive.

Thanks boys. I still dont know what to do.

Here is who I have taken already:

Seattle

Jacksonville

New England

Dallas

Tennessee (I totally forgot I took them!)

Baltimore

NYG

Ok, I just threw up San Diego for now......just in case I lose my internet connection and cant pick. DAMMIT! I dont want to take them although I just heard they will be able to play it at home so I got that going for me.

DaveO is in complete agreement with you Ollie but I think I want to 'gamble' and be aggressive.

I like Indy on the strength of their win over Jax on the road, which wasn't even close. I don't think Carolina's offence will be able to put up enough points to beat Indy.

It's also partly wishful thinking because I want both Indy and New England undefeated when they meet.

I don't think Carolina's offence will be able to put up enough points to beat Indy.

Best argument I have heard in years.

I dont know about Philly DaveO. McNabb looks like he might be done in a Chad Pennington kind-of-way and the rest of their play has been so inconsistent. I also think the Andy Reid/McNabb era is coming to a close.

I survived as did 2 players that took the Giants and 3 that took Indy. One guy got knocked out. He went with Tampa Bay but get this. He still hadnt taken Indy, New England or Dallas.

Wow.

So, is it safe to assume Low Roller didnt go to the Dolphins game? I say we lynch him.

Here's my quandry for this weekends Suicide pool Whitey.

3 out of the 4 of us havent taken New Orleans (and based on the point spreads, they are the easy call). BUT if we all take them and they lose while the 4th player takes a winning team, this pool is over.

I am trying to determine if I should gamble and take Green Bay, even though they have NO running game and are facing Adrian 'team killer' Peterson. Oooooooooh. I just looked at his team and he hasnt taken Green Bay either. I think I just made my decision.

Any thoughts anyone? Not that I will end up listening to you stoned hippies but the dare is on for ya'll to input.

I definately like NO, with that much of a spread, this late in the season, it is almost a given that they are going to win. I am not so sure about GB, yes they have a great record, but I am not totally convinced about them yet. Have you taken Pittsburgh yet? Or Seattle over San Fran? San Fran is brutal and altough Alexander has not been playing well, Seattle has a lot of weapons. Just my thoughts.