Jambands.ca

Heroes Season 1 - NO SPOILERS

Basher

All I can say is WOW! After missing an episode last season I quarantined myself from the show and anxiously awaited the DVD release. Had quite the marathon last weekend and am now 4 episodes away from the finale, just in time for the season 2 premiere on Monday.

This show is absolutely fantastic. I am not a Sci-Fi guy at all, but this show is just so engrossing. I would have to rank the first season as one of the all-time best first seasons of any TV show.

If you somehow missed it, do yourself a favour and grab the DVDs.

As a sidenote, I have to say that I enjoy watching series television on DVD SO MUCH more than on TV. As they say, the waiting is the hardest part, but when you have the DVDs the next episode is always waiting.

:)

Agreed.

I've been getting through the episodes whenever I can (when my wife is awake, because she loves it too). We're on episode 15 now and i want to take a sick day and stay home to finish them.

It's true, having to wait 7 days between episodes on shows like this is torture. I'm going to let the first few Season 2 Heroes build up on the PVR and catch up a little later .

Just finished off TPB Season 7 last night (solid season too)

Now I've gotta do last year's Weeds, Rome, Deadwood, Sopranos, Curb, etc. It's endless!!! :)

Save the cheerleader ... save the world

savethecheerleader.jpg

Edited by Guest

We did that with 24 a couple of times. The strange thing is that you begin dreaming like you are in the show. It gets into your head, man.

I did that with the Sopranos. I didn't start watching until the 4 or 5th season...and I watched all the seasons on DVD over the course of 2 or 3 weeks. All I'd dream about were Sopranos characters. I'd be in the shower (in real life) and I have a little panic attack and think, "Omigod! I'm missing The Sopranos!!" then I'd remember that I had them on DVD.

Then I'd realize I had a problem.

Woke up this morning, got myself a gun...

18 in a row?! Whoa. At 40mins an episode, that's around 12 HOURS. Your eyes must've been hurtin' ;)

I have enjoyed 24, but last season kinda fell apart, IMHO. Hopefully it can save itself this year while Jack is a renegade/vigilante/crazymutherfucker with a vengeance.

watched all 9 "24" Season 3 DVDs (given to me as a xmas gift just as I was getting into it) consecutively taking only one break for sleep

quit watching 24 the beginning of last season and started into the Sopranos instead

TV on DVD rules

(thanks for the heads up on the new season of Heroes... exciting!)

TV was made to be on DVD.

I polished off the planet earth series in a day.. and arrested development season one in a day as well... Lost season one was a serious commitment at two days and i felt like i needed a three hour shower after that one.

been an Arrested Development addict for the past while now, one of the funniest shows ever (if not the funniest)... try to make sure I'm at a tv every day at 5:30 to catch the episodes I still haven't seen... will have to find the DVD just started to d/l the first 2 seasons

been an Arrested Development addict for the past while now, one of the funniest shows ever (if not the funniest)... try to make sure I'm at a tv every day at 5:30 to catch the episodes I still haven't seen... will have to find the DVD just started to d/l the first 2 seasons

Hear hear. CJ and I just discovered it a couple of weeks ago, and have seen just about every episode but the very last ones, which we can't find anywhere. It just about makes me want to go out and guy a ukelele.