Jambands.ca

Akron/Family in Guelph & Ottawa this week.

DevO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a great shot, booche.

those motherfuckers blew my head off. what an incredible show. they touched on everything from the ultra melodic and soft to heavy madness to percussion jams to a pseudo r&b everyone's an mc throwdown. fuck me. not an empty moment anywhere, whether someone was banging something, ringing a bell, snapping their fingers, whatever.. nice to see a band where every member is into it 110% the entire night - no one takes a note off. craziness. will try hard not to miss them again.

also, that was my first time in barrymore's... now that's a venue! loved that room. looking forward to seeing lots more stuff there.

Not surprisingly, my pics are blurry as all hell and I am hungover to the tits but good lord do I ever love that band. I wrote a whole pile of incomprehensible shit while I was there last night and Sean wrote a bunch of bands that he heard from Akron, which include:

Paul Simon, Pavement, Mahavishnu, Beach Boys, Slip, Sonic Youth, MMJ, Dead, Sigur Ros and the Flaming Lips.

Stay in school kids but if you decide to drop out and do a bunch of drugs while on tour, these guys are the ones to hit. They'll fuck you up real good.

2003027678693998662_fs.jpg

2003030727800161486_fs.jpg

2003052793642986206_fs.jpg

2003051275125950540_fs.jpg

"just remember to never order draught beer from the upstairs bar."

I know the outcome of doing such a thing, but have to ask why you said that?

Also a tip I learned last night, don't eat a huge bag of ketchup chips before ordering a (few or more) drafts from the upstairs bar. It makes your puke really red and acidic.

2007 is heaven. I keep seeing shows that seem to top those that just came before. Ryan Adams, that madness last night, Bloc Party and Magnolia Electric Co all within two weeks.

"C'MON" -GOB

Sean

I know the outcome of doing such a thing, but have to ask why you said that?

the beer up there is always skunky. the lines are very long and i don't think they are cleaned very well. you can tell the beer is off just by smelling it up there. not sure why they even bother to serve it.