Jambands.ca

CODETALKERS return to Hamilton!

briguy

Mark, it's been a long time. Would love to see you out for this. Miss you bro. Can't wait to chill with BLR. This will definitely be one of the highlights of the year.

Yes, it's been a while for sure. I haven't been out much lately ... lots of work and family stuff is keeping me busy. I hope that things are well with you, and it's nice to read that this show is happening.

This show certainly makes me want to get out. Having said that, the weekends before and after it are packed for me, so we'll have to see. But I'm thinking that I'll likely make the journey to Hamilton for this show, because BLR and his band turn my crank.

Bobby Lee Rodgers knows how to play guitar, that's for sure. I'm sure that Jimmy Herring and Col. Bruce Hampton would agree. He's a guy with lots of jazz training who knows how to rock and groove and write catchy songs. And from what I can tell after the last show at Pepper Jacks, he seems like a really cool guy ... easy to talk with, intelligent, etc.

Hopefully people will make it out for this!

I notice that they don't yet have a show scheduled for the Wed. before or the Fri. after ... hmmm ...

Peace, Mark

promoter or club owner. Apparently no interest at Mavericks, Babylon, Rainbow, Black Sheep, or Barrymore's. Not sure where else to check.

Yeah, I checked Mavericks' calendar, and they have Gob (and others) that night. Cafe Dekcuf would be good (albeit small), but it's run by the same people that run Mavericks, so I assume if they said Mavericks wasn't interested, then that also means Dekcuf, too (though I could be wrong). Irene's Pub is also booked that night (though they list only one band).

The only other place I can think of is The New Bayou Blues and Jazz Club, formerly The Green Room (all I have is an e-mail address: thegreenroomottawa@gmail.com ). The Bayou, which has gone through several ownership/management changes in the last several years, is a pretty good club, but I doubt the draw will be good, simply because it's a new place (that used to be an old place), and is a bit outside the usual entertainment zones (e.g., the Byward Market, Elgin St., Bank St.).

Maxwell's Bistro on Elgin is a nice place, but they have DJs on Friday nights, and while they've booked bands in the past (as Hux found out), I don't think they have a PA (though I'm sure one could be borrowed/rented for a gig like this).

I'll keep thinking, and if I come up with anything, I'll let you know. (Anybody else have any suggestions? I'd love to see Codetalkers in Ottawa.)

Aloha,

Brad