Jambands.ca

Van Halen, The Tragically Hip Play ACC

guigsy

That's funny, I just this message from my buddy:

I went to see the Hip and Van Halen last night. My bros friend works at RIM and they had a private show for employees and friends. We got right down in front of the stage for Van Halen, oh man Eddie can still rip it! First hour was just focused on the first 3 albums...I still can't believe I just went to see Van Halen! Waited a long time for that reunion.

I was told I had a ticket at 5:30 yesterday, literally left work and went straight to the show. I guess RIM does this every year, total suprise, no one knows who the bands will be.

'THE CRADLE WILL ROCK' was the highlight for me. I was totally screaming the chorus....

Have you seen juniors grades?

I was there last night and the place was packed! Hip went on just after seven to a half full venue and they rocked the place hard. Next was VH and by that time there was not many empty seats. Not my cup of tea but for free, who can really complain.

No mullets, a very young crowd actually.

I saw the VH show in Montreal last Saturday (last minute call spurred on in part by a recent thread here), and it was soooooooo good. The band was on, big time. What a great, great fuckin' band.

Given my big love for the Hip I woulda been pretty excited to be at the show last night.

There is no doubt that Van Halen are an amazing live experience. But when you are playing in front of a majority of peeps who are not hardcore fans, the vibe was lacking. But watching Eddie's son trying to get his ass up that ramp was quite humorous. It is funny, the old guys are in way better shape then the youngest dude. I think I saw him take a sip of beer from the fridge they had on stage!