Jambands.ca

One Sleep!!

Patchoulia

Yes, my life-long Bon Jovi lust has been fulfilled...it was as cheesy and rockin' and ridiculous as you would hope/imagine/expect....

I got the 3 songs I was hoping for (Born to Be My Baby, I'll Be There For You, Livin' On A Prayer) and all the others I was hoping for, too.

The female: male ratio was about 75:25..I almost went in the Men's bathroom at one point, the line at the Women's was ludicrous.

I saw, in succession, the following:

-a chick with big, blonde, bleeched, crimped hair (hello, 1986!!)

-a chick with red leather pants and black high heels

-a gaggle of cougars (about 5 or 6 of 'em) sporting cowboy hats fashioned from Molson Canadian beer boxes

-a big, butch football playin' guy wearing an autographed Bon Jovi football jersey ($150)

I've never seen so many people at a concert standing for 90 minutes straight--from the time they even threatened to come out, 20,000 people were on their feet...and 90% of them were on their feet for the entire concert.

My adolescent fantasies have been fulfilled.

Jon went out to this little island in the one side of the arena at one point and sang a few songs..then Richie came out and sang with him...at one point, Jon pulled this random girl up and danced with her in an instrumental part..she might have had a heart attack...

It was great fun. I loved every minute.

And, as a male, utterly heterosexual co-worker(with 4 kids) confessed after Thursday night's show, "Although I feel no attraction the guy, no pheremones are at work at all, I must confess, he's a really good-looking man.."

I got the 3 songs I was hoping for (Born to Be My Baby, I'll Be There For You, Livin' On A Prayer) and all the others I was hoping for, too.

what are the fucking odds that they'd play those songs? I think you got really lucky for them to pull those rarities out. Don't forget to blog it! ;)

-a gaggle of cougars (about 5 or 6 of 'em) sporting cowboy hats fashioned from Molson Canadian beer boxes

this alone would have been worth it. were they oggling unsuspecting men who passed by? or' date=' worse? :)

sounds like it was a fun night. we all need to re-live our lives every once in a while. :D [/quote']

It was a fun night...and I wish I could have made Basher take more pics of stuff other than Bon Jovi..those chicks in the beer-box hats were hysterical!