Jambands.ca

Led Zeppelin Reunion

boiler

Ok, so I've been hearing Zeppelin might play at Bonaroo. How long does it take to drive to Tennesse anyway? Fack, it'll be the biggest concert ever. 25 to 30 million people logged on to get 1 of 18,000 tickets for tonights show. 25 to 30 million!!! That's staggering. The Star also reported a "mystery" group booking MSG for 14 nights straight. There is only one band in the world can pull that off.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Star also reported a "mystery" group booking MSG for 14 nights straight. There is only one band in the world can pull that off.

If Clapton/Winwood hadn't already annouced their nights at MSG, my money would have been on them.

Eric has a history of booking venues for week or more runs. His Royal Albert Hall shows for example and the Cream reunion - rumor was MSG was booked for 10 nights, even though they only played three.

I could see Zeppelin booking that though, especially with all the rumors of a tour, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah that was a rumor, but since the Bonnaroo camp has totally ruled that out.

I'll believe that when I see it.

[color:brown]

Bonnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

December 04, 2007 - Touring | Rock and Pop

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Led Zeppelin will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

and it takes about 16-17hrs to drive to Tennesee.

Yeah that was a rumor, but since the Bonnaroo camp has totally ruled that out.

I'll believe that when I see it.

[color:brown]

Bonnaroo Promoters Quash Lineup Rumors

December 04, 2007 - Touring | Rock and Pop

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After a rumor that Led Zeppelin and Metallica would headline the 2008 Bonnaroo festival caused an Internet frenzy in the past 48 hours, the event's promoters have spoken out to quash the reports.

"The rumors that are out there about the Bonnaroo 2008 headliners are inaccurate," Superfly Presents and AC Entertainment said in a statement released to Billboard.com. "We're very excited about the lineup that we're putting together for this year's festival. We'll be announcing the confirmed lineup toward the end of January/beginning of February.

The source of the Zeppelin/Metallica rumor was an anonymous email included last week in industry commentator Bob Lefsetz's newsletter.

Led Zeppelin will play its only planned show Dec. 10 in London as part of a tribute to late Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun.

and it takes about 16-17hrs to drive to Tennesee.

Hmmm I guess they wouldn't quash the rumours unless they were untrue, but parts of me still feel like Zep would be a perfect band to headline Bonnaroo and Bonnaroo would be a perfect festival for Zep to headline....Mettallica on the other hand.....

For those interested in some live Zeppelin shows, I stumbled across this blog awhile back - only downside is the guy used Rapidshare to post the shows. You are limited to the amount of free downloads (per day or hour, I forget)

http://walhallahereicome.blogspot.com/

Some of the older links are now dead, but I was able to score most of the Canadian shows awhile back.

Here's a list of some songs they have never played live apparently... I can't vouche for the list personally, it was posted on another board.

Living Loving Maid

Hats Off To Roy Harper

Houses of the Holy

In The Light

Down By The Seaside

Night Flight

Boogie With Stu

For Your Life

Royal Orleans

Candy Store Rock

Hots On For Nowhere

Southbound Suarez

Fool In The Rain

Carouselambra

I'm Gonna Crawl

Poor Tom

Ozone Baby

Walters Walk

Darlene

Bonzo's Montreux

Here's a list of some songs they have never played live apparently... I can't vouche for the list personally, it was posted on another board.

Living Loving Maid

Hats Off To Roy Harper

Houses of the Holy

In The Light

Down By The Seaside

Night Flight

Boogie With Stu

For Your Life

Royal Orleans

Candy Store Rock

Hots On For Nowhere

Southbound Suarez

Fool In The Rain

Carouselambra

I'm Gonna Crawl

Poor Tom

Ozone Baby

Walters Walk

Darlene

Bonzo's Montreux

Conspicuous by it's absence on this list is Tea For One, a personal favorite of mine that I have yet to find on any bootleg ... anybody have any confirmation on when it was played?

Conspicuous by it's absence on this list is Tea For One, a personal favorite of mine that I have yet to find on any bootleg ... anybody have any confirmation on when it was played?

According to wiki, so take it with a grain of salt I suppose:

Despite its popularity amongst fans, "Tea for One" was never played live in its entirety at Led Zeppelin concerts, but from 1977 some of the guitar solo was incorporated into "Since I've Been Loving You" at various shows. It was played in full by Page and Plant during their tour of Japan in 1996, where it received three airings backed by an orchestra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_for_One

The Crunge, was played 02/28/1975 (one of many times they played it during 1975)

Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

1. Rock And Roll

2. Sick Again

3. Over The Hills And Far Away

4. In My Time of Dying

5. The Song Remains The Same

6. The Rain Song

7. Kashmir

8. No Quarter

9. Trampled Underfoot

10. Moby Dick

11. Dazed And Confused

12. Stairway To Heaven

13. Whole Lotta Love (intro) / The Crunge / Black Dog

Bootleg References:

* Led Astray In Baton Rouge

Again, I can't vouche for the list I posted as it was just some list another person made, I'm sure they could have missed more then a few tunes. Certianly, not official.

Edited by Guest