allison

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Preternaturally."

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Don't read Ann Rice, then! She overuses this word to the point I'm sure you can't read the letters on her keyboard anymore.

I knew there was at least one author who over-used it, but thought it was someone other than Rice, maybe more of a high fantasy (elves, swords, sorcery) author. (I've never had any desire to read anything by Rice or any of her pseudonyms, which I guess was a good idea on my part.)

Aloha,

Brad

"Don't take any wooden nickels"

I have a friend who has used this since we were kids...I always found it sort of fondly irritating.As the friend who uses it is an amazingly honest and kind person I always sort of associate those characteristics with ANYONE who uses the phrase.

But then I noticed Velvet used it at the end of the latest neroboy message.Now it's ruined. ;)

Not a word or a phrase but I can't stand too many exclamation marks in a message board posting.

WOOT!!!!!!Wow last night was wicked Boss!!!!! The band was Ridonkulous!!Woot!!!Woot!!!

So exciting.

personally i wish there was a suitable replacement for "Have a good day"

i don't know why that phrase grates on me, maybe it's because it somehow comes off as insincere or something

I might just start saying "Don't take any wooden nickels" or something equally random in those situations in which you'd usually hear "HaGD"

anyway

how about "smell you later!"

nelson.jpg