Jambands.ca

Poutine

bouche

I just ate a small portion of one of Ottawa-Gatineau's best poutine. La Pataterie!

There could be better, and actually the place around the corner from us, Lulu Patates is quite good to. I should have them both at the same time for a taste test.

Anyone know of a better poutine?

Kingston people, do not post Bubba's. That is not poutine.

Edited by Guest

• 8 months later...

While in Chibougamau awhile back we had some poutnine galvaude. I am a fan of the average poutine, but it's a stretch for me to say its better then potuine galvaude, to date this was the only poutine I've eaten where the curds actually squeaked while eating.

Wish I knew the name of the place, I'll post if/when I rememeber.

the little convenience store beside the dirty oak at bank and maclaren is either out of business or going through some major renovations. damn. good poutine from there.

I had heard that and tried her out when I worked on Cooper. To be honest, I didnt care for it compared to the chip truck on Cooper/Bank.

There’s a dive set up right in the parking lot of the St. Albert’s cheese factory 20 minutes from my place. They literally walk out of their dive and grab fresh, made like two minutes ago curds from the factory for your poutine. The potatoes are fresh cut and they use St. Hubert’s gravy. I haven’t eaten it in years because of the non-veg gravy, but man, that was a squeaky poutine.

The Russians beside the Dom make a decent poutine. I'm not claiming it's the greatest ever but it sure does its job well post midnight. "The Best Chiptruck" beside Ada's Diner is killer.

Opinions may differ but facts are facts and rubberdinghy is wrong. The poutine at Bank and Sunnyside is barely passable when hammered, let alone sober.

On the way back from Montebello we stopped for poutine that was absolutely delicious. They had about a dozen varieties but the classic was pefect poutine, squeeky curds and all. The small was enormous at $3.50.

Yes what I meant was that the poutine in the parking lot at Canadian Tire on Coventry is very good.

Mondo Frites in Montreal makes a nice poutine but it's a bit no the expensive side and the fries are too contemporary.

Why doesn't Wes' make Poutine? I never even thought of that. They probably think (perhaps rightly) their delicious fries would be ruined with gravy adn cheese but I think they should do it. MMMM.....Wes'