Jambands.ca

420 PARTY: FAT CATS/ FRIENDS OF STEVE MURPHY BAND Sat.Apr 19th.

kc

Tonight shall be a blast.

Speaking of a blast. Beware that King William st. between James and Hughson will be closed.

That is the block of street that we are on. You can still go down hughson though, and the parking lot right next to us is open.

Wow, am I ever glad I made it out last night! The Fatties kicked it down big time ... I can't remember the last time that I heard them play with that much intensity. Huge props to Ed for an awesome first gig with the band!

Thanks to my friends for showing me some love last night ... so glad you twisted my arm to be there with your messages and phone calls! ;):) :) :)

Peace, Mark

Wow, am I ever glad I made it out last night! The Fatties kicked it down big time ... I can't remember the last time that I heard them play with that much intensity. Huge props to Ed for an awesome first gig with the band!

Thanks to my friends for showing me some love last night ... so glad you twisted my arm to be there with your messages and phone calls! ;):) :) :)

Peace, Mark

I gotta go wash off the green of envy :) Glad to hear it was a great night arkmouse

g

Ed sounded great, he demonstrated a lighter touch than Adam, which I appreciated. Best fat Cats show I've seen in quite a while actually.

The soundguy at PJC - I believe his name is Doug (?) - is just awesome. He filled the room nice and loud but not obnoxiously so and you could hear the vocals and instruments with true clarity. Kudos!

Thanks to everyone for coming out.We had a blast playing for you guys on Saturday. Murphy band was sounding pretty sweet as well. It was a pleasure to share the stage with those guys. It's also great to have Ed on board. Maybe next time we can mix it up a bit between the bands and have a big jam.

Thanks again.

Fat Cats

Any one record this???????

Indeed. From my preliminary listen it sounds really good. I'll try to get around to converting/labelling/uploading to archive.org quickly but I'm pretty swamped these days so no promises.

I'm going to need a setlist for sure. There were a lot of songs I don't know by name.

BTW, I thought it was a great show too! What a blast. Ed ruled that kit!

Hey folks. It was GREAT to get out the other night. Even though it really hasn't been "that" long, it had seemed like an eternity. I quickly lost my voice early in the night from trying to catch up with everyone.

Soo good to get to rattle the ol' bones again. I unfortunately didn't get to see the second fattie's set, as I had to get home to my wee lad, but what I did get to see of both bands was great.

Willy, I can probably help you out with most of the song titles...

In the first set there were a few tunes we hadn't heard in a while including "Waiting for Spring", as well as "As Much as This" and "Too Many Choices", the latter of which are off of Cruelty's Cure. They also played Todd's "relatively" new song which I think he's called "Tryin' to Never Know" and Gatch's new tune, but I'm not sure what that is called. I know they closed the first set with "Doobie Break"' as well. Hope that helps for the time being.

Cheers.

Peace, Mark

another fun night on the dance floor with you and that rubber arm of yours Mr.T! You should have stuck around for a bit....you missed Mrs.Tigger peeing on Livingstoned. :) Good times :)

Track 4 starts out "Dry as a bone' date=' in the desert..."

Help![/quote']

I know this one is called "As Much As This" because it is the opening song/lyric on the Cruelty's Cure cd.

Thanks for recording \/\/illy!!

Peace, Mark

This is a great return to the lineup. A staple for many years early on. Really looking forward to hearing this. Thanks for the effort Willy.

Cheers

I'm listening to this again and tracking it all out right now.

Track 2 of the first set has the lyrics: "wave your flag and fly it high" and "try to find the pieces, pick them up and then they're gone"

Anyone?

Hey Willy,

This was the song that I thought was called "Tryin to Never Know"... but I was talkin' to Todd and he says to go with "Mayor McCheese"...

The rest of the set list you sent me looks good Willy (although I wasn't present for the second set...but it seems about right)

Whew; I'm finally done. If you're interested you can find the show here: http://www.archive.org/details/FatCats2008-04-19.SBD.shnf

Here are the details:

Fat Cats

2008-04-19

The Pepper Jack Café, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Source: SBD > Stereo RCA to 1/8" Cable > Edirol R-09 @ 16-Bit/44.1 kHz > WAV

Transfer: WAV > CuBase LE (+6db) > CD Wave Editor v1.94.8 > mkwACT 0.97 BETA 1 > SHN

Recording by William Russell

Tracking/Transfer by William Russell

Set I

01. Tuning 01:14.49

02. Rotan 07:31.48

03. Mayor McCheese 05:57.44

04. Waiting For Spring 08:07.56

05. As Much As This > 05:37.48

06. Cruelty's Cure > 07:29.73

07. Down Again 08:45.23

08. Sweet Lorraina 05:07.65

09. Doin' All The Tellin' 04:05.42

10. Doobie Break 05:34.72

Set I Total 59:32.95

Set II

11. Tuning 00:29.20

12. Burden & Misfortune 05:51.04

13. Comes Around 04:27.44

14. Down With Disease (Trey Anastasio/Tom Marshall) 05:31.14

15. Speedballs 08:48.00

16. Wolf Hunter 05:30.45

17. Teaspoon > 05:19.11

18. Groove Is In The Heart (Deee-Lite/Herbie Hancock) > 04:16.07

19. Teaspoon 01:41.44

Set II Total 41:54.64

Encore

20. You 07:04.08

TOTAL 108:31.67

Notes:

Venue's website is http://www.pepperjackcafe.com.

The band's website is http://www.fat-cats.com.

The band's MySpace site is http://www.myspace.com/hamiltonfatcats.

Composer information (in brackets) was sourced from www.allmusic.com except for originals.

Thanks to Ken, the owner, for the hospitality.

Thanks to Doug Smith, the soundman, for the assistance.

This is Ed Casasanta's first show as the drummer.

Drum solo in track 17, Teaspoon.

The band members were:

Ed Casasanta on Drums

Chris Gatchne on Guitar/Vocals

Todd Gillies on Guitar/Vocals

David E. Hill on Bass

Josh "Frenchy" Williams on Hammond Organ/Harmonica/Vocals