Jambands.ca

Bruce County?

SaggyBalls

I'm 10 minutes south of Kincardine. I lit a fire in my backyard yesterday that should last now until the end of September. I'm sure we can get something together.

I'd really like to get a good band or two up her this summer. If any promoters out there can help with that, that would be sweet. I'm sure I can help with suggestions for a bar or something and some sleeping accommodation's. I have a big yard that can fit a bunch of tents.

Todd and I are on the Bruce very frequently throughout the summer. The family cottage is on Miller Lake just north of Lion's Head (south of Tobermory). Gatch from the Fatties also has land on that lake so there are certainly possibilities for some sort of jam.

Blurry, you're on the Bruce too aren't you?

As for camping up the Bruce, we have done a little bit of that. Not too many places, as we usually just stay at the cottage and venture our (e.g. hike, boat, etc.) from there.

But as Scottie mentioned, Cyprus Lake is indeed beautiful. However, it can get pretty busy during peak season. Hiking to the grotto is something that everyone should do at least once! All the trails that include and connect to the Bruce Trail are a great trek.

We have camped at Cape Croker which is a native reserve just north of Wiarton. It too is located along the escarpment overlooking Georgian Bay. We have been there twice, and in our experience it is far less busy than provincial parks and is just as nice. Great hiking, boating, swimming (although the georgian is a little chilly), and fairly private sites, especially when they are not full. I'd recommend checking this place out for sure if you're doing any car camping.

Oh, and Blurry. A few of us will be heading up to the Bruce for May 2-4 long weekend. We'll definitely be doing some jamming around the fire. If you guys don't already have plans (e.g Frontier Town, whatever) than you are more than welcome to join us. It should be good times.

As for camping up the Bruce, we have done a little bit of that. Not too many places, as we usually just stay at the cottage and venture our (e.g. hike, boat, etc.) from there.

But as Scottie mentioned, Cyprus Lake is indeed beautiful. However, it can get pretty busy during peak season. Hiking to the grotto is something that everyone should do at least once! All the trails that include and connect to the Bruce Trail are a great trek.

We have camped at Cape Croker which is a native reserve just north of Wiarton. It too is located along the escarpment overlooking Georgian Bay. We have been there twice, and in our experience it is far less busy than provincial parks and is just as nice. Great hiking, boating, swimming (although the georgian is a little chilly), and fairly private sites, especially when they are not full. I'd recommend checking this place out for sure if you're doing any car camping.

Definetely check out The Tub. Absolutely beautiful. A must see for sure. Walters Falls is fairly neat, and if you head to the top of Mountain Rd. on Blue Mountain you can look down on the town of Collingwood and see that the street lights of the town were originally placed to spell COLLINGWOOD. Pretty cool actually.

Oh, and Blurry. A few of us will be heading up to the Bruce for May 2-4 long weekend. We'll definitely be doing some jamming around the fire. If you guys don't already have plans (e.g Frontier Town, whatever) than you are more than welcome to join us. It should be good times.

It sounds like great times!! But you'll have to let me know the next time you come up after that.

May long weekend Boss and Aubre are getting married in Florida - we have a beach house rented for a week and The Keels are playing at their wedding.......it's not going to suck - oh yeah!!!!

Have a great weekend up here Edger!

Penetang isn't Bruce County!!!

Is everything north of Kitchener Bruce County to you? ;)

There is a guy potentially opening a new venue in Sauble..across from The Patch.More a restaurant but was /is considering turning the top floor into a patio bar.

I've heard abit about this as well. Lobbies (the beachfront patio/bar) has changed ownership and will be booking some acts this summer as well. I can liase for anyone who wants to get a show together from this end. I'm at the beach at least twice a week for work or otherwise. Send me a pm and I'll get it moving.

If anyone wants to get some jam time in on thurs nights I've got an open jam going at Greenhorns. We're getting more traffic though the beach lately and we had a real sweet jam this week with a bunch of local players.

Right now its just an acoustic thing but we have plans to expand it to a three pc core set of gear to fill things out.

g

By all means BR. Carrie and Ricky keep telling me about you and how we should be jammin since we're so close.

Greenhorns is on the main drag in Sauble, south of the lights (away from the beach) right beside Jaffa's coffee house. pm me and I'll give you some more details and contact info.

cheers

btw...what a fucking beautiful day in Bruce county huh?