Jambands.ca

Favourite Radiohead album ?

bONES

I'm about to get into a bath and clean up after my day at work (not that you needed to know that) and I always put on some tunes...LOUD

This afternoon it's going to be In Rainbows, but it just hasn't impressed me like some of their others...

Kid A is my fave...I love the songs on that one

Kid%20A%20Cover.gif

what's your pleasure?

What does it mean if you've skipped the entire Radiohead thing altogether. Don't own an album, haven't wet myself over a possible show, never really paid them any mind.

Don't have anything bad to say but for some reason it's a band that just completely passed me by. Do I have to give up my keys to the music loving fan club.

What does it mean if you've skipped the entire Radiohead thing altogether. Don't own an album, haven't wet myself over a possible show, never really paid them any mind.

it means you need to go here and have a look/listen

the three vids i posted are songs from Kid A

The Bends. Before they started farting into microphones and calling it music. Not that OK Computer was that. It was brilliant. I don't know what happened to this band and me. We had SUCH a great relationship from the My Iron Lung EP on. Now I wouldn't piss on Thom's teeth to put out a fire. All I can say is I think they got WAY to artsy fartsy and I don't care for their British brand of garbage.

In Rainbows fucking sucked. I want my money back and I didn't even pay for it.

Edited by Guest

Ruining their career?? I don't get it. Pablo had a lot of Pop fodder imo. No direction and nothing really different. Their real innovative and experimental music came after.

I don't consider radiohead indie, they're in a class all alone (other than their copiers).

they're in a class all alone (other than their copiers).

Who would you consider to be copying Radiohead? (That's not a challenge or anything' date=' I'm just wondering.)

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

I think coldplay is a complete and utterly shitty rip-off of radiohead a la Pablo Honey. I have no proof, it's just a feeling and is certainly arguable.

I'm with those guys. When the wife puts on Pablo Honey I request a Radiohead album-shuffle, while hoping the Bends doesnt pop up because I have heard it a thousand times. It's kinda like Let It Be in my peculiar world. But getting back to the original question?

I am a dirty whore for In Rainbows right now. It's fuckin' me senseless. From the moment it came out. Still.

I'm not bold enough to say that they jumped the shark with Kid A, but even if they did, I don't know which way they jumped.

Hahahahhaa, awesome shit Dave.

they're in a class all alone (other than their copiers).

Who would you consider to be copying Radiohead? (That's not a challenge or anything' date=' I'm just wondering.)

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Well, The Muse come to mind, but they add a little more prog-rock into their sound.

Guest Low Roller
Well, The Muse come to mind, but they add a little more prog-rock into their sound.

Actually this band is one of the few that doesn't throw 'The' in front of their name. It's just Muse, and they f'n rock. Some similarities can be made to Radiohead because of the high pitched vocals, but the music is nothing like Radiohead. Either too hard or too classically composed.

The Coldplay comparison is easy and generic. I never saw the similarities myself besides that they are both British. Most arguments are based on Yellow being a copy of Fake Plastic Trees. Both bands have evolved in very different directions since those particular songs.

If you're talking similar artists then you need to also talk about Aphex Twin and Squarepusher as their sound can be compared to Kid A Radiohead.

Neil Young is also similar to Radiohead under certain circumstances as well (Sail To The Moon vs. Man Needs A Maid?)