Jambands.ca

July 5th - Widespread Panic **OFFICIAL TORONTO THREAD**

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait everyone!!!

I will be flying in from Calgary right before the show. I was going back and forth on if I was going to fly in for this one. Then something occurred to me. I have seen this band all over the place, I have jumped in cars and drove all night with no tickets. I have slept in nice hotel rooms and some pretty scary ones as well. Hell, I even took NewRider with me once( I think we got stuck in a traffic jam for like 12 hours).

The point is I have seen the boys play just about everywhere.

Everywhere but home.

See everyone next week

I wrote a lengthy reply here - but it didn't load - ( this has happened to me at least 20 times! Argh!)

Live Nation the promoters would do more 'Jamband' style shows if only they could anticipate the fans behavior better. This demographic is known mostly for buying tickets at the last minute - and low ticket sales in advance of the show makes them nervous. Rumour was that this show would get canceled - but looks like things are on the up - I suggest everyone who is planning on attending to buy a ticket asap - so that Live Nation gets the message that this is a show that Southern Ontario Fans will support.

if i am in TO i will likely go

if i'm up at my property i will not drive back for WSP

like all my musical decisions of late (except Radiohead) it will be very last minute.

sorry live nation

Edited by Guest
add Lee Scratch Perry to the not-so-last-minute category

I wrote a lengthy reply here - but it didn't load - ( this has happened to me at least 20 times! Argh!)

Live Nation the promoters would do more 'Jamband' style shows if only they could anticipate the fans behavior better. This demographic is known mostly for buying tickets at the last minute - and low ticket sales in advance of the show makes them nervous. Rumour was that this show would get canceled - but looks like things are on the up - I suggest everyone who is planning on attending to buy a ticket asap - so that Live Nation gets the message that this is a show that Southern Ontario Fans will support.

Worry 'bout my worries. Lately all I seem to do.

I pushed my crew to by first day for exactly that reason. I'm going to go get 3 more tix today.

Does it make a difference if I go to Rotate This or ticketmaster - from the perspective of the show going on or being cancelled???

Age old argument Jay. What's in it for the fans to buy tickets early? If it is well known that the show will not sell out - absolutely nothing. If the promoters really wanted to get people on board early, they would do what festys do - sell early bird tickets for cheaper. Why don't they do that? $$$$. So they gotta pick their poison - either sell tickets early for cheaper, or wait until the show not knowing if they are going to make any money.

It's not OUR responsibility to make money for promoters by buying tickets early and "pledging" our support. The market dictates whether a show will be well supported or not.