Jambands.ca

QOTD: TV show you miss?

Patchoulia

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrested Development.

That was the first one that came to my mind, although the more I think about it I'm glad it ended when it did. I feel that by the third season they were starting to reach a little too much (ie with the whole Rita/MRF plotline) and I don't know how much longer the characters could have seemed as fresh and funny as they were.

I'm bummed that there is such a finite number of episodes to watch on DVD, although there's so much to each episode that the show lends itself nicely to repeat viewing.

Having said that, I'm hoping we get that AD movie sooner rather than later.

They are making an Arrested Development movie.

show that I miss:

Freaks and Geeks - although it wasn't around for very long. It was very reminiscent of high school for me.

I loved Simon and Simon. That and Magnum P.I. Wasn't there a cross-over at some point?

re WKRP - it's available on DVD, but without the music from the original series as they didn't want to pay for the rights.

I loved Simon and Simon. That and Magnum P.I. Wasn't there a cross-over at some point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_and_simon

The show was almost cancelled in 1982 before it was scheduled to run after Magnum, P.I. This brought its ratings up and allowed it to run for many years. Simon & Simon actually had a crossover with Magnum, P.I., on the Magnum double episode "Ki's Don't Lie" and in the Simon & Simon episode "Emeralds Are Not a Girl's Best Friend" (both in 1982).

Aloha,

Brad

Beverly Hills 90210

For what it's worth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverly_Hills%2C_90210#2008_spinoff

A second spinoff from the show, focusing on a family from Kansas who will move to Beverly Hills when their grandmother suffers from alcohol addiction, is in the works. It will air on the CW in the fall of 2008. This new series is currently being called 90210 removing the "Beverly Hills" from the title to distance itself from the previous incarnation.

Lori Loughlin has already been placed on contract as a regular cast member, and it is known that Jennie Garth will reprise the role of Kelly Taylor and play a guidance counselor at West Beverly. Ian Ziering is lobbying to return as Steve Sanders. According to a CW press release on May 27th, Tori Spelling will make a comeback as well. Her character Donna Martin-Silver will own a boutique in Beverly Hills. Shannen Doherty is also returning to reprise her role as Brenda Walsh. It has not been determined for how many episodes any of the returning characters will appear in at this time.

Aloha,

Brad

re WKRP - it's available on DVD, but without the music from the original series as they didn't want to pay for the rights.

There are also whole scenes missing as well, including my favourite scene of the whole series where Mr. Carlson walks into the DJ booth and Dr Johnny Fever is playing the Floyd song Dogs. I refuse to buy them because of their terrible butchering job they did.