Jambands.ca

Cardinals fall dates

dave-O

Strangest vibe I've experienced at a concert in a long time. We were seated on the right side, 8 rows back, in the midst of a drunken frat party. The right side of the theatre stood for the entire show (which was fine by me), the left side sat for the entire show. WTF? The guy beside me stood and looked down text'ing on his phone for 2 hours straight. Two girls in front of us moshed during the ending of Peaceful Valley. Awesome.

The Landmark is absolutely gorgeous but they have managed to employ the stupidest event staff you could imagine.

I'm probably the only one, but I got to see my favourite song - Freeway to the Canyon - so I went home completely satisfied.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, worst crowd I have ever witnessed at a concert! And the left side sitting, right side standing thing was bizarre to say the least. We were on the left side about half way up, so we were definitely in the "quiet" section and only somewhat distracted by the fratboy party going on...

Did anyone else hear the douche start singing as loudly and off key as possible during the quieter parts of wonderwall? WTF. Truly unbelievable.

Although the venue was stunning, I think that will be the first and last concert I ever attend there.

Wicked, wicked show overall IMO though. Off Broadway was become a beast of a live song, and the Peaceful Valley blew my socks off!

Plus I got three songs on my wish list, so I left pretty happy.

Listen to Wonderwall. I bet that will amp up the idiot-factor.

Anyways DogAtTheStation, the same thing happened here. I got the only 2 songs I have been dying to experience live and not too mention some awesome surprises. Oh My God Whatever was fantastic. I was also surprised to learn that I See Monsters could make me happy live. Maggie was saying they were riffing on Champagne Supernova to end it but dont ask me to confirm it because I dont know that tune well enough.

for a guy who missed this show and is in a hotel room in quebec city, this is a real treat to be able to stream on my laptop. I sounds really good man.

I love how technology makes this happen, yet I`m in a place that has so much history and they are making sure to show everyone how the old world used to be.

As for Supernova, I thought they were too. Also in the jam out of Peaceful Valley I heard some Hendrix and in the hard bit at the end of Off Broadway I thought they Neal and Ryan were locked into a minor melody jam of Plateau (I even thought they were going into it at one point).

One thing I loved so much was during the Neal songs was when the spotlight was put over onto Ryan how he kept ducking back to the drum riser area and out of the light giving Neal his props.

Oh and Ryan completely changed clothes between sets which I thought was out of character. Even changed his black and white socks and shoes in favor of some ugly ass checkered cowboy boots.

Who is metal church, the band whose shirt he wore in the first set?

'Anyone know who Mark Slaughter is?

Too bad to hear about the Syracuse show...I had a great time at the Rochester show last night! The crowd was kind of loud but the sound was powerful enough to drown it out mostly. There were quiet moments within the music that were respected by the audience too.

The Aud Theatre was nice, but man what a dodgy city Rochester is!!! I haven' been there since Phish '99 and I don't remember it being that shitty. It blew my mind on a cultural level.

The staff at the theatre were very cool and I got a free t-shirt from the bartender too!(a gift for MarcO)

Definetly the most rocking RA show I've been to. The jamming was sweet in a number of songs. No encore though, which is always a bummer. I think they had a tight 11pm curfew.

Set list please TimmyB!!!

I found this setlist:

09/27/08

Rochester, NY

Cobwebs

Two

CPMU

Magick

Diana Ross Banter

Wonderwall (so good!)

Fix It

Sun Also Sets

Off Broadway

Peaceful Valley

Bartering Lines

Goodnight Rose

Go Easy

Dear John

Mockingbird

Natural Ghost

Freeway to the Canyon

(breaking now)

Crossed-Out Name

Let it Ride

Please Do Not...Go

Everybody Knows

Stars Go Blue

What Sin

I See Monsters

(End)

Looks like they're really mixing up the setlists (about time) on this tour. Last night in Columbus they broke out Afraid Not Scared (from Love Is Hell, only played live 3 times ever), Desire (2nd time played since 2004) and Note To Self Don't Die (first time since 2006).