Jambands.ca

NFL 2008-2009 Season

Thorgnor

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about that catch too. It looked to me like the ball didn't ever break the plane of the goal line, but the receiver's feet were definitely in the TD area. If I were making the rules this would be a TD.

From what I understand, the officials called it a TD only because the ball broke the plane, but did it? If that's the criteria I'd say it would be no TD. None of the replays I saw show it going over the line.

Whatever Green Bay does, doesn't matter squat. I guess we know what the Pack should of done with Farve now!

Sigh... it was a good year to stop following professional sports for me!

Are you one of those people who think Green Bay would be in the playoffs if they had Favre? I guess he was gonna play defense and stop the run?

Aaron Rodgers played fine this year. Getting rid of Favre and letting Rodgers play was definitely the right choice.

Edited by Guest

No. No... I agree, and I disagree.

Farve was THE leader, and some of those close games might of gone the other way. The only thing for certain, is that Rodgers did not lead this team to the playoffs.

Regardless... knowing how this season is going to end... I would of rather seen Farve retire as a Packer. He's kind of a big deal you know, and it makes me cringe seeing him in another uniform. No doubt the drama at the beginning of the season played a major part in the teams chemistry this year.

Regardless... knowing how this season is going to end... I would of rather seen Farve retire as a Packer. He's kind of a big deal you know, and it makes me cringe seeing him in another uniform.

I 100% agree with you on that.

And yeah, is there more of a surprise this year than Miami? Atlanta maybe.

Edited by Guest

I think the Titans D and running game have more to do with that. Collins is ranked 11th in the AFC in passing. I would say he has managed not to blow any games but that's about it.

The Titans were a playoff favorite this year so I am not overly surprised at their results. I am surprised Jacksonville stunk it up so bad this year.

I think most preseason predictions (at least all the ones I read) had Indie and Jacksonville ahead of Tennessee and that was with Vince Young at the helm (who's admittedly over rated) so I'm honestly a little shocked by the Titans.

Chris Johnson is a stud though, great pick for the Titans considering they got him 24th overall - he's got something like 1150 yards and 40 receptions - pretty fucking solid.

Yeah, Chris Johnson is a player, although I hope the Steelers remember his showboating when they play in the AFC championship game. I love the NFL, there are so many great college players to choose from and many can make an immediate impact on their team. Eg., D'Angelo Williams, Matt Ryan