Jambands.ca

NFL 2008-2009 Season

Thorgnor

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Christ, is it ever Badams. How did he hold that job for so long???????

Most of what I have read and heard come back to him being such a nice guy. That's great and all but c'mon he has had one of the worst records out there for 8 years.

I still think his length of term occured because of nude pictures involving members of the Ford family ;)

Here is the answer...

Lions Owner Claims He Fired Matt Millen Three Years Ago

September 25, 2008

NIB-Millen-R.article_large.jpg

DETROIT—Lions owner William Clay Ford, Sr. expressed consternation and anger Monday upon realizing that Matt Millen had been acting as president and general manager of the team for the past three years. "I could have sworn I'd fired that lunkhead back in '05 and promoted Mariucci," Ford said when reporters questioned him about Millen leaving the team. "I guess that's why I kept seeing him in the halls. My God, how's the team been doing?" Ford excused himself without further comment on the issue, saying he had to call star running back Barry Sanders and assure him his job with the team was safe regardless of front-office issues.

You all should be mocking the fuckout of the Raiders, either that or it's too easy to even bother. This franchise has become such a joke. I was reading on my Raiders forum that Al Davis fired Kiffen on the phone and told him he wasnt going to pay the remainder of his contract. Rumour has it "Call a lawyer." or something of that nature as said.

Phil Simms was saying last week that firing Lane would be a mistake and I have to agree. I guess time will tell but the Raiders were finally able to be in some games and there had been some growth. That's all going to shit now.

Being a Raiders fan has been tough over the years but no more so than the past 5 seasons. Ugh.

You all should be mocking the fuckout of the Raiders, either that or it's too easy to even bother. This franchise has become such a joke. I was reading on my Raiders forum that Al Davis fired Kiffen on the phone and told him he wasnt going to pay the remainder of his contract. Rumour has it "Call a lawyer." or something of that nature as said.

Phil Simms was saying last week that firing Lane would be a mistake and I have to agree. I guess time will tell but the Raiders were finally able to be in some games and there had been some growth. That's all going to shit now.

Being a Raiders fan has been tough over the years but no more so than the past 5 seasons. Ugh.

Mike Shanahan had a brief stint as the head coach of the Los Angeles Raiders in 1988–89. He went 8–12 with the Raiders in less than two seasons before being fired.

Davis made a good call there as well :)

I missed that press conference, but it sounded like quite a train wreck. Al Davis is a joke. Who the hell is going to want to coach there? 5 coaches in 6 years, or something like that. It is too bad because it could be such a great team, but a lot of great fans. But on the flip side, I am a Bengals fan and they are just as bad with ownership that is also terrible. e.g., Mike Brown used to scout players by watching tv.

Edited by Guest

Al Davis is a joke and fucking pathetic (hasn't always been but sure as hell is now).

He had Kiffin entirely removed from all aspects of the defence - Rob Ryan and Davis meet weekly to coordinate the defence - On Sunday's it was Ryan's show.

The Raiders give up late leads twice while the offence has actually improved (only by 2pts a game but still) and Kiffin get sacked. I'm not saying there aren't issues between Kiffin and Davis but it seems like this is all Davis and Ryan and they should man up.

As far as the Moss things goes, Davis just fired a guy by phone and is a classless piece of shit, he should really just shut the fuck up already.

Bah, I was just about to post that link. I picture Al, ten years from now, calling for the long bomb from his hospital bed with tubes sticking out of his nose.

Booche, at least you have McFadden and his 5.3avg - not too shabby and the new coach will probably push the run even harder.

Hahaha, totally Sloth.

I was driving back from Orleans last night listening to the team and some Fox sports show was playing Sapp clips of that bit. I was roaring. He sounded like a stand-up comic.

ESPN took out my favorite part.

"I remember the first two weeks I was there, we played a preseason game. Somebody came up one time and said, 'We're going deep right here, dog.' I said, how do you know? He said, 'The phone just rang.'

Boss said go deep.

Apparently it was an exhibition game but everything we all have been assuming for over the past decade was finally confirmed for me.

• 2 weeks later...