Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we offered Komisarek's contract to Bouwmeester? It would most certainly be an upgrade

If it's obvious to even you, a fucking idiot, that it is an upgrade then it's certainly going to obvious to Bouwmeester and his agent so why would they accept Komisarek money(4-5mil?) when JayBo is a better player?

Schneider's effect on the D has obviously evaporated, but he is at least providing some solid D when it counts, completely out-thiking Alfie when Alfie was going one-on-one with him.

Thankfully that one play didn't throw Alfie off from completely dominating....phew.

The Lapierre line was awesome last night! Kosto had his first 3 point game in a Habs uniform, Lats had two goals, and Laps made some Sens D look quite foolish on more than one occasion.

Almost as foolish as the Sens first line made the entire Habs team look last night.

Really, if it wasn't for Price and his ruined confidence, the Habs would have won last night's game because the Sens were pretty sh!t last night.

You might be dumber than Dinghy.

Thank you Booche for illustrating the difference between a die-hard fan than can still maintain perspective and comprehend the game of hockey and a douche bag fanboy.

Well, at the very least you didn't open your stupid fucking mouth and attempt to address a single point I made and saved me the time of having to respond yet again to the epic lameness that is your deluded Hab fanboy love....for that I'm glad. I'm sure you'll have cut and pasted some line changes and Bulldog's news by the next time I check in.

It's Friday, off to Montreal, Booche and the PEI crew see you there, I'm sure we'll be in fine form. Tissue Man I'm looking forward to revisiting the Carey Price conversation we had a year ago at MattyCs where I possed the question "Do you think the Habs anointed Price to soon?"

If I have to watch Price start in Montreal this Saturday I am going to boo my ass off. Confirmed.

Looks like Gainey's listening. Halak gets the start tonight:

The only thing Gainey would confirm was that Jaroslav Halak would start in goal. Halak came in for Carey Price in the second period of a 5-4 loss in Ottawa on Thursday night and stopped 13 of 14 shots to hold his team in the game that looked like it may turn into a blowout.

If the Habs need a confidence booster, it should be a solid game against the Leafs. Solidify Halak as the starter for the rest of the season and try to find some chemistry in the lineup shuffles.

Report says that Komisarek and Tits may be healthy scratches too. Laraque is back too. So, if they start to fuckup then at least you should get a good fight in there ;)

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/606033

Edited by Guest

If the Habs need a confidence booster, it should be a solid game against the Leafs. Solidify Halak as the starter for the rest of the season and try to find some chemistry in the lineup shuffles.

Wow! Well, that sure didn't happen tonight. Fuck, the Habs look brutal. Price looked like he was shitting his pants on the bench like he might have to go in during the 2nd period.

This is a fun thread...

Can it just be as simple as that the Habs just aren't good enough? Whether it's from losing specific players, no goaltending or loss of confidence they just don't have it anymore.

I really believe that losing in the quarter-finals took the spirit out of this team and I don't think they have the presence in the Management or locker room to revive it.

I believe there is a lack of off and on ice leadership. The Habs are quickly turning into a joke in this regard.

I could sit here all day and talk about puck moving D, goalies etc but what's the point. The facts are the Habs are not as talented as in the past and there are many teams who have improved in the last couple of years and passed them by.

In this era teams can rebound quickly or sink like a stone for many years. A franchise needs a strong mamagment team and leadership on the ice. I don't see either of these in Montreal at this time.