Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

The Ottawa Senators currently sit in 29th place in the NHL' date=' with a 1 point lead on the NYI, who have one game in hand on the Sens.

Just like the good ole inaugural days eh Sens fans~ Bring back Peter Sidorkiewicz maybe?

[/quote']

quoted for karma

Don't hurt your neck looking up at 28 teams AD. Losing you and Martin Gerber to injury in the same week could spell trouble for the mighty Sens.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an incident in the hallway near the end of the game. Buffalo's Adam Mair, who had been booted out, marched down the hallway screaming for Chris Neil and had to be restrained. Senators winger Jarrko Ruutu chirped back, but Mair returned to his dressing room because Neil was still on the ice.

"I heard about it," said Neil, who has a long history with Mair. "Maybe he was trying to take a 10-game suspension because he's already had two of those. He obviously doesn't like getting paid. I wish I had been here. He was mad because I was chirping at him."

hahaha

Emotions ran high, especially between Buffalo's Adam Mair and Ottawa's Chris Neil.

After Neil, Mair, the Senators' Jarkko Ruutu and the Sabres' Patrick Kaleta got kicked out of the game at 18:12 of the third, Mair came down the hallway near the Ottawa dressing room, still in uniform, calling for Neil.

Ruutu went out and a scuffle started. It was quickly broken up, but the episode could lead to suspensions or fines. It didn't help that the incident was caught on TV or that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was in the building.

He ran away from Jamal Mayers saturday but was willing to fight the 18 year-old.

without turning this into an anti-toronto / pro-ottawa whatever discussion, because that's not why i'm bringing it up, but i'm curious why mayers didn't get an instigator / unsportsmanlike / holding penalty on that play. he dropped his gloves and held neil's jersey with two hands. isn't that the definition of those three penalties?

not a minute later neil gets a 10 minute misconduct for saying something disparaging to hollweg.

just curious, in a non-partisan why, why you think mayers wasn't called.

He ran away from Jamal Mayers saturday but was willing to fight the 18 year-old.

without turning this into an anti-toronto / pro-ottawa whatever discussion' date=' because that's not why i'm bringing it up, but i'm curious why mayers didn't get an instigator / unsportsmanlike / holding penalty on that play. he dropped his gloves and held neil's jersey with two hands. isn't that the definition of those three penalties?

not a minute later neil gets a 10 minute misconduct for saying something disparaging to hollweg.

just curious, in a non-partisan why, why you think mayers wasn't called.[/quote']

well you cant have an instigator without a fight can you?

the other two i cant really comment on cause i didnt see it.

id say no penalty cause the refs probably thought neil should drop him but he was running away like adam mair says.

It's odd here in Kingston. It seems that all the Leaf fans I used to debate/fight with have disappeared. They have been replaced by Sens fans.

I enjoy the conversation here on the board but the two guys I work with are annoying. It's hard to converse with people who really don't have their facts straight. They claim to be Sens fans but don't seem to know anything about hockey at all let alone their own team.

I like the Sens fans here on the board. You know your stuff... well some of you ;)

Hahahaa, more Mair. Facking awesome:

When asked what he was trying to communicate to the Senators, he said, "We don't play those guys until January, so I wanted to wish them a Happy Halloween."

What did they say back?

"I think they said Merry Christmas."

The Buffalo News' John Vogl asked if Mair was trying to talk to Chris Neil or Jaarko Ruutu?

"It's Halloween for everybody, John."