Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey 09 TRADE DEADLINE TODAY

Hal Johnson

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I kept it going wayy longer than a "month or so" dave-O. I have stuck with it in many pools over the years, trust me. This year some shit got in the way and I simply forgot to update it on a regular basis after a while. Oh well. What can I say. I'll do as you suggest and I won't join a full season one next year :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys,

The reason I am picking up people is too fill the games remaining that I have. Many of you are well over the games limit and will stop getting points over the last week or so. I don't see anything wrong with using the system provided to me. I managed my team to come right in at the game limits provided.

Dave-O, you bring up a good point. We'll do it next year, for sure.

So far I've got:

* Keeper League

* Restrictions on number of waiver picks

Any other suggestions?

Had I known that we were going to have a keeper league between this season and next, there are a few trades that I might have accepted that I didn't. Perhaps we should redraft for the beginning of the next season, and then continue with a keeper league for the season after that. Or is that what you meant?

I kinda like the strategy involved with it, anyone else?

It's fine as it is. Each position should only be able to play 82 games because that is how many each team plays. Dont listen to the whiners.

As for the Keeper League, I was under the impression we would whipe the slate clean and draft again next year with that in mind. I totally would have drafted differently this year.

If we are going with a keeper league based on who we have now you can count me out.

Don't get me wrong Brad, I think it was a totally awesome move in light of your situation and the players available on the waiver wire. That was meant as a "kudos to Brad" post!

No problem Dave-O, I'm not upset by it and didn't mean to sound that way in the post :)

Even with my tactic I don't think there is enough time to catch the leaders :(

extending the number of games if its unnanimous with everyone.

Wouldn't be fair to those who sat guys on account of number of remaining games' date=' would it?

[/quote']

I'm talking next season Ollie... thats exactly the same argument I had earlier this year but i didnt want a mid season change just a larger number of games to start with.

Hey boys,

The reason I am picking up people is too fill the games remaining that I have. Many of you are well over the games limit and will stop getting points over the last week or so. I don't see anything wrong with using the system provided to me. I managed my team to come right in at the game limits provided.

I have no problem with this at all. Smart play.

• 2 weeks later...