Jambands.ca

The Secret Machines

Velvet

* In February 2006 they were the opening act for U2's Vertigo Tour in Mexico.

* In an interview for the Uncut magazine (August 2007 issue), The Edge of U2 said that Now Here is Nowhere is "the last record he fell in love with".

* In a September 2007 release, the band performs with Bono on the Across the Universe soundtrack on track 7, "I Am the Walrus". Both Curtis brothers and Garza receive mention in the "featured musicians" credits as members of the "NY Band". The Secret Machines also perform 2 tracks on the deluxe edition soundtrack, "Flying" and "Blue Jay Way".

Secret Machines- Lolla 2006

Here's some cool pictures of them from 2006- at Lolla- the festival and a small club show that they played- a friend of mine form New York knows of them and says they were kind of cool then when Ten Silver Drops came out but things have changed a bit over the last few years.

Shhe isn't as in to them anymore and recommend we give it a miss last they came through town.

I saw them in philly a few years back and was totally unimpressed. IMO, there songs were boring as shit, the singer was not very good, their musicianship was uninspiring, and about the only good thing I remember from their set was when it ended.

I don't think they're very good at all and I can't understand why they have an audience.

I saw them in philly a few years back and was totally unimpressed. IMO, there songs were boring as shit, the singer was not very good, their musicianship was uninspiring, and about the only good thing I remember from their set was when it ended.

I don't think they're very good at all and I can't understand why they have an audience.

I saw a bit of them at Rothbury and they were very boring. No one was there to see them and I understand why. The drummer was pretty good though. 1 out of 5 stars is generous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What can you tell me about them?

They' date=' along with Toronto's Small Sins, are playing at Babylon on Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008:

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/249002/

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

and possiby my band as well, not confirmed as of yet.

I saw posters for the show on Rideau last night, and The Rebel Year was listed on them.

Aloha,

Brad