Jambands.ca

Chinese Democracy to be released in 2008.... no really...

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Stop me if you've heard this one.

The long awaited Guns 'n Roses album 'Chinese Democracy' is going to be released before the end of 2008. For real yo.

And it's going to be sold exclusively at Best Buy! [color:purple]Rock 'n Roll!!!!

2008_09_26t183911_450x326_us_gunsnroses.jpg

Pompous ass

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/14098/Guns-N-Roses.html

"Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date!!!! The CD will hit the shelves at all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS N' ROSES manager Andy Gould reportedly told Best Buy employees at a vendor convention held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10.

Aloha,

Brad

I haven't checked it out, but I saw this linked elsewhere, appears to be a leak of the album:

http://marlboros.blogspot.com/2008/10/guns-nroses-chinese-democracy-2008.html

Just... wow.

It bears repeating:

It stinks. Sounds like 14 years of overthought, over produced garbage. If it was labelled a s an Axl solo disc, fine. But tryting to pass this sh!t off as GnR is ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
I'm about 2/3rds through now and thinking... is this a fucking joke?

I take that back. I'm warming to the new Guns'n'Roses disc since I picked up from HMV on Monday; it has two more songs than the leak and the mastering is much better.

I think this All Music review captures my feelings best.

And this Chuck Klosterman review (of the actual album) is pretty great reading.

Apparently Axl has gone missing since the release...anyone else hear that?

Wikipedia:

On December 2, 2008, AOL Canada reported that record executives at Geffen were angry at Rose for not doing any promotion or publicity work for Chinese Democracy, feeling that the album would have sold better if Rose had promoted the album.[45] It was reported that he had been missing for at least two months, and had not returned any phone calls or other requests.[46]

It is rumored that Rose is trying to get the original line-up back together,[45] and former guitarist Izzy Stradlin has said he is keen to the idea.[45]

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

The album is not awful.

There is no way that it would ever live up the hype, but given what it is- a hard rock album- I've heard much worse.

It's got a couple of bangers in there that will be used for extreme sports compilations in the future.

It's not the "Archives" release, but jambase is reporting that a 1968 solo show is scheduled for a Nov. 25 release date, which closely matches the Nov. 23 "Chinese Democracy" releatse date.

It sounds beautiful, just bought it, freaking beautiful in 24 bit 96KHz DVD through the Sennheisers.