Jambands.ca

Dead Tourdates

Basher

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, ya really think that Barfalo will sell out on a TUESDAY in April at $100 a ticket? I'm starting to wonder. I'm thinking that if there's a run on tix when they go on sale, there will be a SHITLOAD avail at cheaper prices on eBay, etc. shortly after.

Bummed at the prices, but we'll see what the market says ....

No chance of sell out. Buffalo is blue collar - no money.

The Dead are going to end up looking like the TOronto Bills. They made a mistake here and the venues will not sell out. Shitty part is that a sell out is a better show, so we suffer in two ways.

Greedy fucks.

it works (for me) if you add www

http://www.dead.net/dead09/?signup=1

THanks! That one worked - but it still doesn't give any pre-sale info. Maybe its just plain old snail mail mail order.

Could you imagine paying the big bucks and getting somethign in the top 2 or 3 rows of the venue. No thanks!

I'd be shocked if any of these shows sell out. Maybe, maybe MSG. Okay, let me try again, MSG will sell out and maybe Nassau, but other than that...

MoMack, if you haven't seen the posted info about VIP tickets and packages yet, I think you are going to flip when you do. Wow! Not only are "good seats" $100, but it looks like a fairly large supply of "really good seats" will be limited to people with a lot of cash.

It's not what I expected, that's for sure. I was thinking $60 or $70 for a guaranteed "good seat" and a chance at a "really good seat." Part of me would love to see this incarnation of The Dead, but I think I'll pass this time around.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

MoMack, if you haven't seen the posted info about VIP tickets and packages yet, I think you are going to flip when you do. Wow! Not only are "good seats" $100, but it looks like a fairly large supply of "really good seats" will be limited to people with a lot of cash.

It's not what I expected, that's for sure. I was thinking $60 or $70 for a guaranteed "good seat" and a chance at a "really good seat." Part of me would love to see this incarnation of The Dead, but I think I'll pass this time around.

Peace, Mark

Thank you. I just with they "got it".

And it really makes me mad that someone like you, that does get it, is going to skip out now.

Sure they don't want "tour rats". Well guess what - there aren't any anymore! There's no fugging tours out there! And if there are, then guess what, they don't buy tickets anyways - they'll still be there!

The Deluxe PKG , buy this consider it Dan is 2 tickets , Hotel shuttle (which I think the hotel does anyway),Hotel room , and two UNLIMITED shirts and posters ,$439 which is maybe $20 bucks more than if you bought the $100 dollar tickets and did the rest yourself and you already know what section you would be in . 104,106,116,118,seems like the best deal if not sold out to quickly.

We have learned from our ticket vendor that you must create an account to place an order. We recommend clicking on the "Set One Up" link at Dead.net to set up an account on the ticketing website before the pre-sale begins.

oh boy! They JUST learned this from the ticket vendor??? Shit, you'd think they might ask a few other sources how smooth MusicToday's service works (see Gov't Mule for sure) when a ton of die-hard fans are trying to get their order in and spend their hard-earned money.

Good luck to everyone trying to purchase tix tomorrow. The travel packages do seem to be the best deal, you're right.

So, if someone could confirm for me...the pre-sales for buffalo start at 12pm our time and it's only with a credit card online?

Or also if you snail-mail the order in as well?

ANd it's $100 for regular seats cheaper for a shitty seat?

I've been stoked since I heard about this show but that $100 was unexpected for me as well. Balls!

Edited by Guest

From what we can gather its $100 for the seats period with some seriously shitty seats being discounted. But who knows.

Tigger - I think you're a little off on the travel packages price wise. I'm guessing you did the Buffalo math, I did the Albany math. Either way, you're paying big time. Consider that in Buffalo the Adam's Mark is an under $100 hotel. The "free shuttle" yes the hotel has, no you won't find it after the show and unless you're physically disabled (again, referring to after the show) you're basically walking on the front of the bus and off the back. Its across the bloody street.

So you're paying $150 for the two shirts and two posters - which I suppose isn't that far off... but I'm sure there is tax to push it to $180 or so.

Albany is a chunk more at $489 for that package, and the hotel is across the street - but again hotels that are walking distances are $100-130.

The big advantage is the access to the good seats.

I'm figuring that people can't really afford the $475 Golden Road packages and that those seats all get reissued to ticketmaster 5 days before the show.