Jambands.ca

Money Hungry Dead sucks

MoMack

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something weird:

I see that the Nassau Coliseum still has the seating chart that Hux posted above on their site. On dead.net they have the following, which is a contradiction of the Nassua Coliseum info:

Friday, April 24, 2009 7:30 PM

Doors 6:00 PM

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Uniondale NY

The Dead

Ticket Price: $98.00

Price includes $2.00 facility fee

All Ages

General Admission

If I'm not mistaken, it's only the Nassau seating chart we have to go on, right? And if that chart is incorrect then maybe there will be half-decent seats at the cheaper prices, no?

Wow that's a lot more than I paid for the Change Rocks Penn State University Dead/Allman Brothers Band gig last year.

No kidding! And at that one the floor was GA so we could move right up if need be :) Hell, there were lots of tix at THAT show and they were going for $20-$25 (half the face value!!!!)

Fuck it ... i'm getting in CHEAP with the handouts of ducats that will be going on in Buffalo in April.

With the VIP tickets added to the equation now there's no way i'm coughing up for tix ahead of time through the retail outlets available.

Phish = $49.50 (all original members, Trey's tone back )

Dead > $100 for possible nose-bleeds

Grrrrrrrr

Phish = $49.50 (all original members, Trey's tone back )

Grrrrrrrr

yup. I'm a little ticked, but at least it means I can focus on trying to see Phish a few times this summer.

I don't even really like Warren Hayes in the Dead anyway. Anybody else with me on that? I like Hayes but his sound just doesn't sound right with them.

Phish = $49.50 (all original members' date=' Trey's tone back )

Grrrrrrrr

[/quote']

yup. I'm a little ticked, but at least it means I can focus on trying to see Phish a few times this summer.

I don't even really like Warren Hayes in the Dead anyway. Anybody else with me on that? I like Hayes but his sound just doesn't sound right with them.

Amen dude. This, more than the price is my deterrent....although the two of them combined is absolutely ludicrous.

So is that $132.00 USD which is really almost $162 CAD today.

I bought a ticket to Buffalo and after service charge and exchange is came to $132,oo! Unbelievable, really soured on the whole deal.

I agree I like warren but sometimes he's too straight blues and not jazzy/funky enough for my tastes..

I am sure I enjoy the show though.

Please don't compare Neil Young at Massey Hall to 'The Dead' at HSBC arena.

Just used that example because for 'some' people this could be considered an equivalent event and they'll get every penny's worth out of their money spent on this event.

I can't comprehend how people found seeing Striesand in an arena as "magical" either, but who am i to say what floats their boat?

Just sayin'