Jambands.ca

got my phish tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KarinGarage

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Weirdness's order got shut out but mine was mostly granted- save no Fox tickets- we got the 6th show, Star Lake, Deercreek and both nights alpine- they gave us mostly reserved except one night lawns in alpine- that's cool though- I figure with the baby I will only really want to do a few shows- so I think I am going to go and hang on the lawn with the baby for the Creek and Alpine- so the babys firsat Phish show will be the Creek!

I love it-

and if you did get Fox tickets- looks like some serious offers for Fox--> Hampton tickets- like 2 for 3!

i think it sucks that people mail order or request advance purchase tickets for shows they dont even plan on attending. they're as bad as scalpers.

ding ding ding

Although, given the way Phish tickets have been, I could maybe see planning on hitting say 3 shows, but requesting tickets for 6 and then deciding to go to the ones I got tickets for, possibly ending up with too many.

But ya, its scalping.

The bands should really consider making everyone pick up their tickets at the show. Charge an extra $3-$5 per ticket to pay for a much larger will call - a table like the Dead used to have that you could go check and make sure your tickets were real...

Scalping is selling (or trading) tickets for more than face. I don't see how getting tickets you end up not needing, then selling them for face value, is something objectionable.

See, Phish doesn't really give a fuck about any of this. They are happy to sell out their shows (which is a short-term phenomenon).

There are plenty of established methods to curb scalping. They could have a fan club (with a membership fee), with exclusive access to tickets (a la Pearl Jam). They could go paperless, with ID needed the day of the show to get in (a la AC/DC). All of these methods add a layer of complexity that they are clearly not interested in.

Now, after this first run of summer shows everything should go back to normal, just like it did in 2003. Halloween/NYE shows will always be tough tickets, as will the special shows at really small venues, but every other ticket will be easy to come by.

ok, not sure if you were refering to me, jay, but, I got tix for alpine, and i plan on going, being that they're the closest shows to where I live. however, if they add shows at red rocks, in my backyard, i will sell/trade my tix to alpine, for face value because it would make more sense to save my money and see the shows close to home rather than driving 1300 miles across the country. i don't see how that's wrong... i'm not going to pass up tix to a show i wanna see because i'm betting on a chance that they may announce more shows closer to home. what if they don't do a west tour, if i didn't get alpine tix, i'd be screwed

Wasn't referring to anyone. Just curious as to how many people knew they weren't going to any shows except say, Deer Creek, and still tried for tickets to every show... creating artificial demand etc. Thats obviously different than a) getting tickets and find out there are closer shows that weren't announced or B) wanting to go to 3 shows but not caring where, trying and getting tickets for more than 3 shows and getting rid of the excess.

Just Sunday night musings.

I know Karin and phunkyb are both good peeps and they would never sell their extras above face value.

That being said if you order tickets to a show you dont plan on attending your fucking with the system. I dont think Karin would like to get shut out of Red Rocks(in your own backyard) because some custywook in NY order tickets with his mothers gold card for Red Rocks knowing full well he wasnt going. It makes no difference if the ticket is sold for face value to someone or not. You just got screwed out of your show.

I emailded phish ticketing years ago with a request that they start putting names on advance purchase tickets and only will call pick up(like ac/dc). Their response at the time was soemthing like it would to hard to implement. Bullshit!!

So like Basher said Phish doesn't give a fuck about you or the ticketing process. They just want their $$$$.

That being said I hope everyone gets tickets to all the show they want this summer. See you in the lot.