Jambands.ca

Bluesfest...

Velvet

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll happily concede the point. I also now recall that it was when Sting headlined that people started complaining that it wasn't a blues festival anymore, so I suppose that indicates it was previously.

I sure am glad it's not a blues festival!

To each their own, blues is an aquired taste.

Anyway, since I was called out on my facts/memory, I sent an email to a friend in the Toronto Blues society, who sent my question to the publicist of the Ottawa Blues Society, who emailed me and they are going try to get me the complete list of performers, or direct me to someone from Cisco who can.

hey - it's a name. Is the New orleans jazz Festival a pure jazz festival?

Not anymore.

I wasn't complaining, or remarking about the name of the festival, nor the line-up - I only mentioned (in my original post) I would make my way there again if it was a blues festival like the one I attended in 1997. The rest was in response to Velvet stating its never been a blues festival.

Seems simple enough to me.

Edited by Guest

I merely alluded to the idea that it wasn't a blues festival! Insert smiley-face here.

Anyways, of course I love the blues, but I'm glad it's not strictly a blues festival because I like the huge variety of quality music they offer (including the idea of getting the younger crowd onsite by booking pop stuff I'm not interested in), and because I'm glad the blues performers they do get are able to get paid so well and play in front of such big crowds.

Has this been posted? Kiss confirmed via Ottawa Sun.

As reported here in the Ottawa Sun on April 1, the tongue-wagging band Kiss is going to rock and roll all night and party all day at Bluesfest on July 15. The band confirmed the Ottawa gig on its website today, just hours before the festival lineup is to be confirmed in Ottawa Wednesday morning.

if you go to http://ev5.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/evenue/ev69/se/DisplayPromoList.d2w/report?linkID=bluesfest&RSRC=&RDAT=&caller=PR and use promo code KISS you can see some of the headliners and dates they are performing

July

8 - Jeff Beck

9 - Ben Harper and Relentless 7

10 - Jackson Browne

11 - Brian Setzer Orchestra

12 - Joe Cocker

13 - Stone Temple Pilots

14 - Our Lady Peace

15 - KISS

16 - Styx

17 - Blue Rodeo

[color:purple]Wow, inspired choices there Monahan

At least we know all the gems are in the undercard.