Jambands.ca

volcano boarding

bagochips

So in about two hours from now I´m going to throw my life into the hands of God. I´m going to try an extreme sport of which I had never heard until yesterday.

Volcano boarding. I am going to climb up to the top of Cerro Negro, the youngest and most active volcano in Nicaragua. I´m going to don a safety jump suit, goggles and protective gloves, andf climb on a board consisting of a strip of laminate applied to a thin plank of wood. Then I´n going to board down the side of the volcano. Speeds reach up to 70 km/hour.

Those of you who know me know that this is not the sort of thing I usually go in for. If I survive I will post back here in the next day or so and let you know how it went.

Wish me luck!

p.s.s. I'm guessing she's super cute.

How did you guess? Gorgeous, 23, and Swiss. We hitchhiked half way across Honduras and to Leon, Nicaragua together.

I made it down in one piece and not even a scratch. It was a LOT of fun. Pics will be up on facebook tonight probably. I´m taking advantage of reliable and cheap internet access while I´m in the city. Most likely heading down to Las Peñitas tomorrow to lie on the beach for a few days and take in some Paciffic sunsets.