Jambands.ca

Drink recipes

Ms Zimmy

Drinks for hot weather.

I somehow landed a job at a Caribbean restaurant and Bar as bartender. I have never worked in a bar or even the service industry...it's a new restaurant and I am making up the bar menu, does anyone have any suggestions or secret recipes they want to share?

I will have a few different margaritas, daiquiris and mojitos, along with sangria and the usual rum, vodka and tequila with the mixes, but I am looking for something special....so come on boozies, help me out.

:) thanks

i got hooked on the dirty bananas when i went down to Jamaica in February. from what i understand - they're kind of the 'official' blender drink of the country.

1 oz coffee liqueur

1 oz creme de cacao

1 oz dark rum (optional but good)

1/2 ripe banana

splash or two of milk or cream

ice

How about some kind of iced coffee concoction? Take something like a Tim Horton's iced cappucino (espresso+ice+cream/milk, blended), but with booze, through not necessarily coffee liqueur, maybe a chocolate liqueur, or a banana liqueur, or straight rum, or whatever flavour booze the drinker wants.

Aloha,

Brad

Stolen from the East Coasters on the board.

Sweet Oblivion....

Recipe Rating: 17 % (of 59 votes)

Ingredients to use: 3.0 oz Gin

24.0 oz Ginger Ale

24.0 oz Lime juice

3.0 oz Rum

3.0 oz Triple sec

Directions: pour all liqour in a container, slice a green aple and let soak in liqour for 10 minutes. add the lime bar mix, or any sour lime beverage

, then the gingerale. lots of ice and drink once cooled. the apple slices mess you up!

i got hooked on the dirty bananas when i went down to Jamaica in February

just wanted to quote that

a whisky sour is simple and delicious

2 oz blended whiskey

juice of 1/2 lemons

1/2 tsp powdered sugar

1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon and serve.

One part Rum (dark, spiced, or white (if that's all you have)

One part Southern Comfort

Shaken with ice, Served with lime and soda water or ginger ale

I like them in tall glasses as it's thirst quenching (and the rum makes the drink sweet) but for a double cocktail, try it with ginger beer.

It's called the Dixie Pirate and it's great in the summer...or in the carribean.

I like a rye and ginger with a splash/half oz of amaretto.

I couldn't find a name for it anywhere when i was looking, so I dubbed it a 'volleyball'

And a suprising great bevvy for the purpose drinkers is a dognose.

Drop (or pour) a shot of gin into a pint of beer.

chug (or sip).

Very nice with a shot of lime cordial.

Those are 3 strange drinks with more than one shot each.

If you try them all and like any of them enough to have another, it'll be a nice afternoon for you that day.