Jambands.ca

Mike Gordon in Toronto

Jakis

This info was posted yesterday on Hidden Track. I'm sure the Toronto date will be part of this tour:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/the-return-of-the-mike-gordon-band/

mikegordononsale-400x296.jpg

The Return of the Mike Gordon Band

If you’ve read any of the interviews Mike Gordon has done since Phish got back together you won’t be surprised to see that he’ll be touring again with his solo band. There are many Phish fans, myself included, who feel last year’s The Green Sparrow was the best solo release by any member of the band since Trey Anastasio’s self-titled effort in 2002. Gordon made it clear the return of Phish didn’t mean the end of of his solo band and he’s putting his money where his mouth is by scheduling a September tour of small clubs.

According to Jambands.com, Cactus recently returned to the studio to work on his next solo album so we’d expect to hear some new tunes at these upcoming shows. The one-of-a-kind bass player rekindled his bromance with Mike Gordon Band guitarist and HT favorite Scott Murawski on his birthday, June 3, where the two teamed up with Billy Kreutzmann of The Dead and others for a special performance at City Winery.

Four dates from the tour have leaked so far: September 8th at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NY; September 10th at the Port City Music Hall in Portland, ME; September 19th at the Workplay theatre in Birmingham, AL and September 21st at Minglewood Hall in Memphis, TN. Clearly we’re approaching the announcement of the entire tour so keep your eyes peeled on this space as we’ll be updating this post as soon as we know more. If Mike comes to your town or city will you check out his solo band? Let us know what you think about this tour by leaving a comment below. Meanwhile, where’s the Andelman’s Yard scavenger hunt?

JJFO to Open for Mikey ?!!!! That's a great fucking goddamn band!

There's this and Wilco, both happening at the same time that I am not going to be in goddamn canada! argh! Why didn't these bands check with my schedule BEFORE planning their tour?