Jambands.ca

Polaris Prize Tonight....

shainhouse

Yep, if we didn't have a $25,000 award for the "little guys"- we'd all pointificate about that problem!!

Seems Julie is getting some ink for a good cd (IMHO. I do not enjoy Julie for several reasons but that doesn't mean you shouldn't- also see my thoughts on Pat Watson and Chad VanGaalen):

Julie Doiron wins NxEW's Shadow Polaris Poll

Julie Doiron has long been admired by Canadian music fans and musicians alike but has never sought rock-star status. She seems perfectly happy to be a successful touring musician with a loyal and always growing fan base but not particularly interested in limos and four star hotels...blah blah blah.

If "Three" wasn't fixated on the silly 'three' thing and Plaskett edited his 3 discs down to 1, there's no question that he'd win this and many other prizes. But the record is so up and down, so many hits yet so many misses, i can't vote for it to win. If it was a focused one disc, yes.

Soft Airplane gets my vote.

Other people have posted other opinions about this running of the Polaris Prize. Just search the Sanctuary Forum for 'Polaris.'

All in all, this edition of the Polaris Prize is super-uninspired. Whoever was responsible for the shortlist really missed a chance to do something great.