Jambands.ca

Coachella line-up

Guest Low Roller

It would be amazing to see Sly and the Family Stone.

I'm with you Timmmy. That would be f'in awesome!!! I know the Family Stone is touring around but i don't have any info on it.

Have you heard this interview with Sly from last year?

This guy is such a recluse. Haven't heard shit from him in eons ... aside for that awkward performance at one of those awards shows years ago.

http://www.kcrw.com/media-player/mediaPlayer2.html?type=audio&id=mb090525sly_stone

Do you think the ???'s indicate he is a likely artist' date=' or is that referencing another TBA?[/quote']

The way it is presented makes me think the former....which is weird.

Remember when Thom Yorke announced a supergroup and played two back-to-back shows at L.A.’s Orpheum Theatre? Well, said supergroup is set to play another California show: Coachella.

Yes, Yorke’s rep has confirmed to EW that Flea, Nigel Godrich, percussionist Mauro Refosco and drummer Joey Waronker (Beck, REM) are each represented by one of the four question marks that follow Yorke’s name in the recently announced festival line-up. The quintet, who Yorke assembled late last year to aid in the performance of his 2006 LP The Eraser, apparently have yet to decide on a name better than “????â€.

Yorke’s other band are reported to be back in the studio, which begs the question: will his Coachella performance hinder an eighth Radiohead album, or might festival attendees be treated to nascent versions of Radiohead songs?

I can't believe Sly is coming out of his cave for this show.

Would be killer eh? I'd love to see that. I've seen them billed as "The Family Stone produced by Sly Stone" guessing that he isn't even near the performance. Maybe this one will be different. Such a wicked band.

Also, seeing the Specials would be awesome.

I'm with you there, big time! I was a huge 2-Tone fan. Never got to see any of them since the movement was over by the time i could hit shows. However, I did get to see them at the old Diamond Club (now Phoenix) once under the Special Beat moniker in the early 90s. It was FANTASTIC. In 2006 they had a sort of 2-Tone allstar band at Lee's palace with members from The Beat, Specials and Pauline Black from the Selecter. Caught Wakeling's "Beat" at the Horseshoe a number of years back for a super fun night too. General Public was a bit of a disappointment at Massey Hall back in '85 ;)

I really hope The Specials (too bad Dammers still won't come back) continue their 30th anniversary tour and bring it all over North America. Don't want to miss that one!!!

http://www.thespecials.com/

Do you think the ???'s indicate he is a likely artist' date=' or is that referencing another TBA?[/quote']

The way it is presented makes me think the former....which is weird.

Remember when Thom Yorke announced a supergroup and played two back-to-back shows at L.A.’s Orpheum Theatre? Well, said supergroup is set to play another California show: Coachella.

Yes, Yorke’s rep has confirmed to EW that Flea, Nigel Godrich, percussionist Mauro Refosco and drummer Joey Waronker (Beck, REM) are each represented by one of the four question marks that follow Yorke’s name in the recently announced festival line-up. The quintet, who Yorke assembled late last year to aid in the performance of his 2006 LP The Eraser, apparently have yet to decide on a name better than “????â€.

Yorke’s other band are reported to be back in the studio, which begs the question: will his Coachella performance hinder an eighth Radiohead album, or might festival attendees be treated to nascent versions of Radiohead songs?

Thanks. Sounds VERY intriguing.

• 3 months later...